Transmission parts

I am being told by a local trans rebuilder as well as parts supplier that new replacement parts are no longer available for sale.

Can anyone confirm this?

Are we stuck with just cobbling these things back together?

Looked online for used ones and most are well over 120,000 miles and $400 plus shipping.

Anyone have a source for a rebuilt trans on the west coast?

Looks like ETA box will fit but requires specific parts to make that happen.

Any help is appreciated.

I would just buy one from DriveGear and be done with it. They are an outfit in PA that rents SpecE30s and also rebuilds trannies and diffs. That’s where most of our rebuilt trannies and diffs come from. I even bought a hard-to-find e28 tranny from them. They probably ship trannies around all the time. If not, I’d be happy to hook you up with the ground-ship outfit that I used to ship big things around the country. Last week they shipped a 300lbs >1000mi for me for ~$125

What Scott said. No better place to look.

Thank you for your replies. I will check with Drivegear on Monday for a rebuilt unit.

Still concerned about the future of e30 if parts are no longer available.

If people would just quit throwing away perfectly good oil pumps, we’ll get another 2 decades.

Parts are still available and we are selling rebuilt units. The prices on parts have risen dramatically and have driven up the cost on the units. Currently our rebuilt 260 is $1750 with core exchange. Shipping is reasonable at $200 and that covers returning of the core as well. Good used boxes are getting very tough to find but it could be worth the gamble if you don’t mind changing out boxes.

Drive-gear.com