Transmission mount broken. Any way to fix

A buddy of mine had an incident that caused one of the feet on the back of the transmission to break off. Is this repairable? Any other way to mount the transmission? Just trying to get a cheap fix for him.

A used transmission is probably the cheapest fix.

you can just pull the tranny out and have the finger welded back on
I have done it twice now

[quote=“jpc” post=76947]you can just pull the tranny out and have the finger welded back on
I have done it twice now[/quote]
+1. Any machine shop that can weld aluminum can do this for you.

[quote=“Ranger” post=76949][quote=“jpc” post=76947]you can just pull the tranny out and have the finger welded back on
I have done it twice now[/quote]
+1. Any machine shop that can weld aluminum can do this for you.[/quote]

Ask me how I know. By the way never use a pry bar on those tabs or they will snap off. I know the machine shop we took mine too said it was difficult to weld back on because of all the impurities in the cast aluminum housing, but they added extra material on top of the tab so it is probably stronger than factory now and as long as the bottom of the tab is flat it will mount the same.

I’ve got 1 of 2 on the e30 racer. We’ll jack it up and you can look at the replacement.

If it is a street car…well who cares? Put some AKGs under the engine and call it good.

RP

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I will get under the car next week and see A. If one foot will hold it all right like Patton suggested. B. If the broken foot is even still on the bracket and if it is, have it welded. C. Replace it completely.