TOMMY O Memorial Ride

Hey NorCal group…It’s getting near the time when last year we heard the news regarding Tommy-O’s fight with the dreaded C.
I think it would be great to help keep his memory alive by having another ride at the track at the upcoming event at Thunderhill. I think last year we did 2 laps,any bike that requires human propulsion (No motors), not a race, no time limit, just an opportunity to go out & get some fresh air after saturdays races are over.

Join in…No entry Fee required.

Steve, thanks for coordinating this, very cool. I raced Spec Miata last weekend with SCCA at Thunderhill and unbeknownst to me until it was over, I spent both races duking it out with Tommy’s old car. Still running strong just like old times.

Hi Brian,
Hope you are able to join us…Since Tommy O was a spec miata guy prior to joining the spec e30 ranks, would be great if you spearheaded the spec Miata crowd to come out & join us. Even better, we won’t make the miata guys grid a 1/2 lap behind us for the start.

In SCCA we don’t start a 1/2 lap back. :wink:

What time/day is it going to be? I will post to mazdaracers.com.

Hi Brian, We will get things organized & going about 30 minutes after the last cars on track Saturday.
Some guys like to peddle around & warm up while others hit it COLD. In any event, laps range from 10-20 minutes.
Of course, if there are a bunch of competitive miata guys, we could always toss around the hat, winner take all…That might be interesting.