Thinking of gutting cat, anyone have tips or pics?

Currently the cat is sitting on my garage floor and I have heard of a few people "opening" the cat to gut it and I was wondering where you cut and if anyone has any pics. Thanks.

kmsnsx wrote:

[quote]Currently the cat is sitting on my garage floor and I have heard of a few people "opening" the cat to gut it and I was wondering where you cut and if anyone has any pics. Thanks.[/quote]Make sure you have a good hold on that cat, 'cause it is gonna be pissed

My cat (furry one) thinks you guys are hilarious.

http://carpron.com/multisite/d/149301-1/pets+004+2.jpg

LOL at the cat pics…
Anyway, my idea would be to cut open the top/floorpan side with a cut off wheel and gut it that way, then weld it back together. No one will be the wiser looking under the car. My only question is, what is the casing made out of and is it weld-able?

It really doesn’t matter if I keep it stock looking or not, no emissions testing or inspections here anymore. Just looking for the easiest/best way to go about this. As for material I assume it’s just steel or maybe stainless steel.

Metal Rod + Hammer. Once the brick starts to break up it will come out easily.

so no need to cut open? I’ll try that first. thx

robweenerpi wrote:

[quote]Metal Rod + Hammer. Once the brick starts to break up it will come out easily.[/quote] there is a wire mesh in there that is a little harder to get out with Rob’s method.

Unfortunately, I have figured that out. After pounding the crap out of it I have broken up the material inside but that screen/mesh is stuck in there. I’ll try to make some sort of hook to pull it out.