Thermostat

"To thermostat or not to thermostat that is the question".

Typical temps in Cal will range from the 60’s to 103-108 range (think Willow Springs and Buttonwillow).

I searched the archives and found no mention.

Chris

IMO, with properly functioning cooling system, you should be able to use thermostat without a problem. In fact, initially it should help the engine come up to the operating temp quicker. You can try with both and see how your engine handles it.

During August’s HPDE I ran my DD eta at Thunderhill without mech fan (only AC fan) and with thermostat and was fine.

HTH,
Igor

The thermostat can obviously be a failure item, and fail stuck in the closed postition. Other than eliminating the possibility of this failure, I don’t see how running without a thermostat would be an advantage–when called upon, it opens, therefore operating just like if you weren’t running one at all.

Sasha

I’ve been driving around a bit on the streets/highway w/o a tstat since i found it to be sticking and/or not opening and took it out.

With no mechanical fan, i stick around 1/4-1/3 on the stock guage on the highway. If i turnon the electric aux fan it stays round mid point even idling… kinda crazy.

so i’m going w/ a 75deg tstat.

A/C and mech fan delete, just the aux electric fan and water wetter…

double post