The Spec E30 Philosophy

All:

I recently had a conversation with someone who had made an "adjustment" to a part of his Spec E30 racecar that affects performance. I asked him where he saw that adjustment mentioned in the Rules…

Guys, we need everyone to adopt the Spec E30 philosophy.

If it is not specifically mentioned in the rules, leave it (or get it back) as it came from the factory. This applies to every part on the car but especially applies to any part that is directly related to performance.

I know that several of our drivers came from other series that either allowed more mods or didn’t enforce the rules but Spec E30 is a different way to race. The cars are simple and work well when built to the Rules. It’s interesting to know some of the things that have been discussed lately but unless they are specifically allowed in the Rules, they don’t mean anything here. The stock injectors work fine. The stock ecu works fine. The stock O2 sensor works fine. The stock AFM works fine.

Make the car as reliable as possible and your race weekends will be much more enjoyable. And if you feel the need to tinker, paint the interior or wash and wax the car or do a thorough nut-and-bolt check.

Carter

I agree with philosophy but can’t resist asking - what was the performance "adjustment"?
(now to be a bit convoluted / Machiavellian : I can only think of one performance "adjustment" that is allowed but is not specifically mentioned in the rules :slight_smile: )

Igor

This one was minor but it’s not mentioned in the Rules and is therefore by definition, not allowed.

Carter