Thanks! And a couple more questions...

A big thank you to all those who have patiently answered my multitude of questions, especially those of you at CMP last weekend who gave me tonnes of great help and advice.

My car is now with my mechanic getting the clutch replaced. I’d don’t have the time to do it myself if I want to take it to Roebling on the 21st. I figured that this would probably be a good time to get a short shifter kit. I was looking at the Rogue Engineering OCTANE Short Shift Kit, but Bimmerworld doesn’t have one in stock. Are all short shifters made equal or are some better than others?

I was also going to replace the transmission and engine mounts. Are the Poly 75D ones the way to go, or should I be looking at other types.

Thanks again!

Andy

The Poly 75D is definitely the way to go. As for the shifter, I believe most guys use the OEM one or another OEM one from another BMW (search the web for the preferred part numbers). I went with an Autosolutions one, and I am really happy, but I had to wait awhile for him to make it.

Z3 shifter is a great cost effective way to go. I have liked all that I have tried. Replace the busings while in there and it will shift like butter. Bimmerparts.com has all the parts you need. Just give Chris a ring and the parts will be at your house in a day or two.

I’m using the Z3 shifter. I got it used for something like twenty bucks. It makes the throws really short and takes some getting used to, but after awhile I learned to really like it. Especially since it didn’t cost a hundred bucks.

z3 1.9 or e36 m3. search on r3vlimited.com for the authoritative thread