Test drive Request - Fort Lauderdale FL

Wierd request - does anyone know anyone near Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA that could test drive a car?

Am looking at graduating from an E30 to an S197 Mustang, and there is a very potential donor car @ Mercedes Benz of Fort Lauderdale going cheap.

Maybe TrackRat can help?

Track rat (Shawn Waggoner) lives in palm Beach county (30 miles form Ft. Lauderdale) can also be reacehed at (305) 505-7909
shawn@suncoast.net

Or if he can’t help, try Jay Greene at 954 410 9978. Jay lives right in Ft Lauderdale is an E30 guy who does DEs with us. I have had him as a student so you know he is a good driver :wink:

What is an S197 Mustang by the way?

If those guts can’t help, there is a other guy in South Florida, Bruce Byerly, who races a 2008 vintage Mustang. I don’t know the model designation but it is one of those “made for Grand Am” specials. I don’t know Bruce’s number but we can track him down.

Good Luck

Don
727-560-8367

I’d be happy to help, although I’m in NC until late on the 4th. I will be back and down in Ft Lauderdale on the 5th so I can look at it then. My personal assistant already gave you my contact info. Feel free to shoot me an email with the info.

Happy new year!

[quote=“TrackRat” post=62206]I’d be happy to help, although I’m in NC until late on the 4th. I will be back and down in Ft Lauderdale on the 5th so I can look at it then. My personal assistant already gave you my contact info. Feel free to shoot me an email with the info.

Happy new year![/quote]

Thanks Shawn, I’ll shoot you an email and text.

Mustang S197 5th Gen

2005-on Mustang, the basis for the FR500C and FR500S factory Ford Racing cars (Grand-Am GS and World Challenge GTS).

I’ve sent Shawn an email, but if the Bruce Byerly is available that would be awesome. Mine will be a bit tamer than an FR500C like his, but I’ll develop it over the years ahead (or so I hope).

Thanks so much for the help guys!

[quote=“donstevens” post=62188]Track rat (Shawn Waggoner) lives in palm Beach county (30 miles form Ft. Lauderdale) can also be reacehed at (305) 505-7909
shawn@suncoast.net

Or if he can’t help, try Jay Greene at 954 410 9978. Jay lives right in Ft Lauderdale is an E30 guy who does DEs with us. I have had him as a student so you know he is a good driver :wink:

What is an S197 Mustang by the way?

If those guts can’t help, there is a other guy in South Florida, Bruce Byerly, who races a 2008 vintage Mustang. I don’t know the model designation but it is one of those “made for Grand Am” specials. I don’t know Bruce’s number but we can track him down.

Good Luck

Don
727-560-8367[/quote]

Byerly lives in Naples, at least 2 hours away from that car.

Mustangs are lame. I’ve owned plenty.

-Scott

Maybe. But I’ve owned/raced/built/rebuilt enough E30s that I want to try something new & very different for the Australian racing scene.

[quote=“BigKeyserSoze” post=62231]Byerly lives in Naples, at least 2 hours away from that car.

Mustangs are lame. I’ve owned plenty.

-Scott[/quote]

Massive thank you to Shawn aka TrackRat for the pre-purchase inspection. I just put down a deposit on the car, now to organise all the other sh*t that has to come with it (Eibach Multi Pro R2s, Eibach Sways, Camber Plates, PFC BBK, etc etc etc).