Tank Swap

Had an off at the track and damaged my late model(1990)factory original fuel tank. This fuel delivery system utilizes only one fuel pump which is inside the tank. Replaced tank with a new aftermarket fuel tank. First day out started to experience fuel starvation after hard right hand turns at about 3/4 or less fuel in tank. Never ever happened before, always could run to almost 1/4 tank. Replaced the fuel pump with a new Walbro 255 to no avail.
Let me know what you think of these solutions:

1. Replace tank with 14 gallon older model with Walbro 255 pump in tank where the low volume transfer pump would be. Do not use an external hi-volume pump just run direct to fuel regulator. What mods or fuel/vapor line re-routing would I need to do to do this?

2. If the above is not practical or possible are there any issues with installing the older style 14 gallon tank and running the 2 pump factory setup like older models but in a 1990 model year car?

The supplier refunded my money on the new tank and I’m not worried about the lesser tank capacity or fuel gauge accuracy. Thanks.