Summit Point April 9-10th 2 announcements coming!

Who is in for Summit Point? Will be another fabulous nasa ma event. DriveGear has a guest driver announcement coming and NASA ma spec e30 has another sponsor stepping up, more to come.

Andrew Z
Drive-gear.com

Breaking news: AJ Nealey will pilot the #87 Drive-gear.com Spec E30 at Summit Point April 9-10!
AJ is fresh off two seasons running in the highly competitive VW Jetta TDI Cup Series. His skills should translate well to Spec E30 racing:

“The close racing and equal cars I raced in TDI cup really mirrors the action in Spec e30. The racing is about driver skill not so much about the car. I am really excited and cant wait to get back to Summit Point where I have had so much success in the past. Thanks so much to Jonny Allen and Andrew Zimmermann from DriveGear”

Drive-gear.com
www.ajnealeyracing.com

Andrew Z
Drive-gear.com

Crap - I wish I was around for the Summit Point race, but I’ll be at Mid-Ohio.

Andrew - what’s the other announcement? Is there an official contingency with bimmerparts as well?

What a great weekend! While attendance was a bit low for the April NASA MA race at Summit Point, Spec E30 is definitely on the up and up. Drive-Gear lined up Champion driver AJ Nealey to pilot the #87 Drive-Gear car. Drive-Gear’s Andrew Zimmerman also lined up TC Motorsports to come on board as a series sponsor. Thank you Andrew and thank you TC Motorsports! Saturday qualifying went well and I put the #74 on Pole with a 1:27.828, guest race AJ Nealey was starting P2, Skip Bennett P3, Rick Mariani P4, Andrew Zimmerman P5, and Rick Cofer P6.

It was a standing start which was new to many drivers in the field…there was also some confusion about if EVERYONE was getting one green flag or if there would be multiple green flags. The answer was A, one green flag. As a result, a few people got caught sleeping. I got quite the hole-shot using the grass, mud, pit exit, and anything else I could get. I had a healthy lead by the time we came out of T2. AJ fell back a few spots at the start and worked his way back to P2. Rick Mariani had a great drive and locked up his first NASA MA Spec E30 podium in 3rd place. Finishing order: Grace, Nealey, Mariani, Zimmerman, Bennett, Cofer.

After the usual nightly shenanigans, it was time to qualifying…at 8:30 Sunday morning. AJ locked up the Pole position and I qualified 2nd. AJ and I qualified about 0.25 seconds apart; we knew that a good race was sure to come with quali times that close. With AJ on pole, I started on the outside of the track for another standing start. I got a great launch but a GTS car in front of us stalled out after trying to start the race in reverse…yes. AJ got a great start and pulled out a couple car lengths. I worked through the out-of-class cars between AJ and myself and reeled him in. We had an awesome race trading the lead a handful of times. AJ’s definitely a skilled, smart, driver. We raced hard the entire time, went side by side through almost every turn on track and never made contact….other than the welcome bumper to bumper kind. I was able to pull it out in the end, at the stripe it was: Grace, Nealey, Zimmerman, Mariani, Bennett, Cofer.

Great weekend! Thanks to Drive-Gear for all of their usual support, AJ Nealey for supplying the grub, and the rest of the gang for a great event!

Awesome start Saturday: http://youtu.be/BlZhZjYl4PQ

Sunday’s battle with AJ: http://youtu.be/tkYy6crbttQ

Part 2: http://youtu.be/dv5OIkxdfWc