Summit Point April 17 and 18

I just registered today, there is no driver list up as of right now so just seeing who has registered so far. I have heard they are doing a repave on the main track, anyone have more information on this?

See you guys there,

Brandon

It has been repaved, I will be there on Friday and give everyone an update

Sean posted the list a little while ago. It’s not totally up to date, but it will give you an idea.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tiQnwPisc0WZC61051LTfxg&output=html

can i get unleaded race gas or e85 at or around the track. my car has been tuned for e85 or 105 unleaded

turbo329is wrote:

There is race gas at the track

hopefully running this bimmer in hpde this weekend if it makes it here on time. Otherwise I’m bringing an 89 325i i bought last week that will probably fall apart on the track. http://www.fuzionllc.com/exp.html

hopefully running this bimmer in hpde this weekend if it makes it here on time. Otherwise I’m bringing an 89 325i i bought last week that will probably fall apart on the track. http://www.fuzionllc.com/exp.html

Hooray for mls gaskets. I won’t mention any brand names because they’re all equally worthless and this particular brand does stand by they replacement warranty. However they are guaranteed not to blow out but not to blow through. I had to leave the event after my first session so I am no closer to getting my competition license. When I parked my car and opened the hood I was missing and quart of oil and 2 quarts of coolant. The oil was out the exhaust side of the head gasket and the coolant had fountained out of the catch can. I’m pretty sure the exhaust gases leaking through the gasket forced the oil out the side and pressurized my coolant past my 16psi cap causing it to overflow(My head temp was a steady 190 on track). I decided to head home while i still could and just kept my boost gauge on the negative side so as to not do any more damage. I’ll find out if I did and damage when I pull the head.

I had planned on meeting you guys. I recognized Rob from his picture, but I wasn’t in the mood after I realized my weekend was shot. Next event I should have my se30 project ready enough for an hpde.

Hey guys,
It’s the last week of classes and I was at the track all weekend so time is at a premium, but here is the short version…
The new track surface was slick early Saturday but got better as the weekend went on, after qualifying Saturday the front two rows were Cobetto, Grace, Hunt, and Hansen. I had a good start and went side by side with Cobetto into T1, coming out of T2 I checked the mirrors to see dust flying and a number of cars off track…a car from a few rows back got into T1 way too deep and took out both Carter Hunt and Frans Hansen (who both showed good speed in qualifying). I had the lead going into T3 and lead Cobetto for about 4 laps until we went into T1 side by side…I had the inside line and we did the classic over-under, ending up side by side racing to T3….after going side by side through T3 Chris had the position for T4 and lead the rest of the race. The difference was about a second and a half at the stripe. Came up short but it was a great race with Cobetto, clean and close. Cobetto P1, Grace P2, Trent P3.

Sunday, the track felt much better and the lap times showed it. Cobetto took pole with a 1:27:7, I started P2 with a 1:28:5…Not. Even. Close. The inside line got a wicked start, bumping each other all the way to T1. By the time we got to turn one I was fighting for P2. After a clean first turn everyone pretty much fell into line where they started; Cobetto set the fast lap with a 1:27:9 and I followed with a 1:28:2. Fairly boring race as we all spread out pretty quickly. Cobetto for the win, Grace P2, Hunt P3.

Looking forward to having all of the regulars back at Hyperfest.

Nice going. Too bad a lot of regulars couldn’t make it.

Everyone in the area should go to VIR this weekend to cheer on our specE30 brothers as they take on the big boys in Rolex GT! :woohoo: