Summit 4/28 - 4/29

Two of us NE making the trip… Who’s gonna be there?

FYI:

Mike Fonte - NE Spec E30 - will be renting the track Thursday (4/26) eve 5:00 - 7:00pm. Looking for 4 or 5 to share. Cost $250. Let me know as he’s not on the forums…

Paul

Nobody going to Summit 4/28 - 4/29 :frowning:

C’mon, Was hoping there would be good field…

I think you guys should cancel and come to NJMP next week instead :laugh:

I’m instructing a teen driving event that weekend.

except I can do almost two full events at Summit for the cost of one NJMP:(

Due to an unforeseen health event I"m out…

My son will be running his 1st HPDE

I’m out, but I’ll be at hyperfest. Have fun out there!!
Jason

Good seeing everyone at the track!

Seeing you guys racing was tough to watch. I will never go to the track again without taking my race car.

We often have in-car video so I thought I’d shoot some from the side of the track. Pardon the quality - this was taken on my HTC Droid Thunderbolt.

Carter

I tried to attach the short videos but it looks like it didn’t happen. I’ll post them on youtube.

Carter

Light turnout but rock solid weekend. A few scary wrecks, one with a spec 3 and one with a mustang - but it sounds like everyone is/is going to be fine.

Started P2 on Saturday, took the lead before T3 and was able to pull away to a comfortable lead. Parked the race car at 3:01 at the shower building and was in my get away car (also parked by the shower building) and in route to my friends wedding in Fredericksburg at 3:11! Made it in plenty of time!

Sunday qualifying was at 8:30a meaning I would had to leave Fredericksburg by 6:00a…which didn’t happen. Started at the back of the field for Sunday’s race, it took me a few laps to get up to second place and by that point Brandon had a pretty comfortable lead. The race was only 20 minutes due to the clean-up required from the morning session, so there wasn’t much time to try and catch Brandon…not that I would have - he drove a mistake free race and had a great pace! Congrats on the win, Brandon. First of many I’m sure.

I second the “rock solid weekend” quote from Robert. Rick (Virgilios) Mariani shared his awning, air and good humor with the small SE30 crowd all weekend. Unfortunately, while in the midst of a great four car SE30 battle on Sun he was hit by boxter driving rookie who abruptly closed the door on Rick after letting the first car in the train though in turn 5. A few laps later Rick and I then had the pleasure of dancing together in the dirt at the exit of the carousel. He and I both were handed DQ’s for the race. Rick’s DQ was undeserved, mine was OK - just a consequence of some hard (and really fun racing - nothing much more than some tire marks on either car). As usual there were multiple instances of the SE30 crowd lending a hand with valve adjustments, bleeding brakes, troubleshooting over heating problems, community barbeque, and on Sun while Rick and I were in the Race Director dog house our cars were magically loaded up and ready to roll - a big help for me with a 5.5 hr return trip to W-S.