Stupid Cool Shirt question

I recently purchased a cool suit system and am curious as to the routing of the cooling lines from my suit to the cooler. Specifically where the hoses exit the suit. I have no hole in my driving suit (for obvious reasons) for the hoses to exit. What is typically done here? It appears my only option is up through the neck opening, but that doesn’t seem correct. Any help would be appreciated.

On my first suit a while back I had the local seamstress make a little “hole with a flap cover” on the side of my waist. On my current suit tho I just use the zippers to make an opening down by my crotch for the hoses. I’ve not really paid attention to what others do, but the “hole with a flap” is prob a bit better solution than ending up with the story of how you burned your dick off.

Some suits have a double-ended zipper, so exiting down by the nether regions is an option, but as Ranger eloquently pointed out, can have certain downsides.

My suit has front pocket, like pants pockets, and I had a seamstress cut a small hole in the inner lining of the pocket and run a thread seam around to prevent unraveling, so the net effect is the hose exits through pocket on left hip.

Thanks guys. I called my wife and she is going to sew in a hole in the left front pocket.

I call foul. I gave you the choices of make a hole or burn your dick off, and for an unbiased opinion you went to your wife? Oh that’s fair.

[quote=“RAAW_Motorsports” post=72431]Thanks guys. I called my wife and she is going to sew in a hole in the left front pocket.[/quote]Tell her not to cut the hole at the bottom of the pocket; put it up the side or near the top, so the pocket is still usable as a pocket.

In my Alpinestars suit, the zipper goes both ways and I also have the tubes exit down by my junk. It exits basically under the camlock which works great. My cooler tubes route between the seat and the transmission tunnel and I just pick them up and plug them in. They’re never in the way and they don’t impact ingress/egress.

I bought the Carbon-X Cool Suit shirt from SafeRacer and paired it with a DIY cooler that I put together. I run it even in 60F weather, I love that thing!

Like others, I had a button hole sewn in the right pocket (top corner) of my suit. Works well.

When you go this route, how do you route the tubes? Isn’t your lap belt basically smooshing your pocket down as it goes through the hole in your seat?

Out the zipper, my tubes go in the gap between where the sub belt goes down and the lap belt goes towards the trans tunnel. The shirt I linked above has the tubes ending on the left side of your body so I just wrap them across the front and out the zipper.

When you go this route, how do you route the tubes? Isn’t your lap belt basically smooshing your pocket down as it goes through the hole in your seat?[/quote]

Naw. I havne’t noticed that. YMMV

So, after all of this great new information given me, I decided to look for that double zipper that some mentioned. Low and behold, there it was. Right there where I was told it was at. Have had the suit for 6 months and never noticed it. Fortunately the wife didn’t cut into the pocket already.

Thanks again for the advise. See some of you at CMP!