Stolen Trailer

Nothing makes you more angry than when some one steals your property. Unfortunately I went to pick up my trailer today for "Military" trailer storage and it was gone. Just a big empty parking spot where it used to be.

Learn from my mistake and get a titanium bike chain and lock up the wheels of the dual axles.

If anyone sees a linex covered open car trailer at an event let me know

brain

Sorry to hear that…I will keep an eye out

Holy cow… :frowning: isn’t that like 2 stolen SpecE30 trailers so far!?

GREAT NEWS!!! I found my trailer!

Long story short…The managment of the storage lot changed recently. The new manager was updating all his records and said he had no record of my trailer or my payment. I prepaid for 2+ years of storage with the old manager so it was no suprise he lost the paperwork.

Sooooo… the "new" manager figured it would be alright to move my trailer out of the storage lot to another storage area. This new storage area just so happend to be the equiptment rental area. He waited a few weeks to see if any one complained and since no one did, he started renting it out.

After doing alittle detective work on my own, I found the trailer at the equiptment rental office and called the police. I had filed a police report the day prior so thye were happy to come by to close the case…Lets just say after getting the civilian police, mine insurance company and the military police involved that guy had alot of explaining to do. I had been gone on deployment for the last 2 1/2 months so I guess the guy figured it had been abandoned (never mind the current inspection, current plates etc.) After the police arrived and began talking with him, they deternined that he had rented it out several times over the past couple of months.

Since I got my trailer back, he was VERY applogetic and offered to give me 6 month free storage. I was really P#$$%ed off but I decieded it would be easier to not press charges.

Lessons learned:

1. INSURE your trailers. I put mine on my auto policy and it cost a whopping $21 for a year!

2. Use a titanium shielded cable to lock the wheels when not in use.

Post edited by: brain, at: 2006/05/19 09:44

Sue him for all income made off the rental off your trailer, repair for any damage, and the cost of new tires, wheel bearings, etc. + free storage for life. Then kick him in the nuts.

Glad you got back brain.

glad you got it back brain. Oh yea I found this I thought you might like it http://www.car-vids.com/Videos/djws_fighterchase.wmv

I don’t think it’s in the US though.

Silly French! That looked like a rock video of a lawn dart chasing a guppy. It should have ended with an F/A-18 getting missile lock on both of those craptacular planes from beyond the horizon and taking them both out.

Sasha

P.S. Glad you found your trailer, Brain. Tell that punk not to mess with you because you happen to have a very famous wheel, featured close-up in a national racing publication.

Ex36 wrote:

[quote]Silly French! That looked like a rock video of a lawn dart chasing a guppy. It should have ended with an F/A-18 getting missile lock on both of those craptacular planes from beyond the horizon and taking them both out.

Sasha

P.S. Glad you found your trailer, Brain. Tell that punk not to mess with you because you happen to have a very famous wheel, featured close-up in a national racing publication.[/quote]

I thought they were french, I would have enjoyed the latter ending as well.

Glad you got it back, Brain.

How’s the Super Hornet fly?

Boy was I glad to get it back…regardless of the fact that it had a few extra miles on it…It was like someone giving me a check for sevaral thousand dollars, since in my mind, I’d already written it off.

To answer your question, the F-18C Hornet is a small, nimble, lighwieght fighter with incredible manueverability and weapons systems. It’s only real weakness, a serious lack of fuel. To put it in car terms, the F-18C is like a Ferrari 360 Modena with a 7 gallon fuel tank.

The F-18E is larger, much more powerful, not quite as nimble, heavier but still posesses superior maneverability…slightly better than even the F-18C. Weapons systems are very similar but the Super Hornet has alot of new toys, ATFIR etc. It has tons of gas!! you can fly for a Looooong way, a Loooong time or both. It also has extra weapons stations so you can carry alot more firepower. Again to put it into car terms, the F-18E, is a cross between dodge daytona RT-10 pickup and a 911 GT3.

Post edited by: brain, at: 2006/05/20 21:34

After refuelling from one of my squadron’s KC-130’s a Hornet called, ‘Watch this!’ and performed multiple rolls accelerating past.
‘That was pretty cool,’ the trash hauller radiod back. 'Check this out.'
The Hornet flew a safe distance away and waited to see what the new Super Herc could do. After a few minutes he called, 'Well, what are you waiting for?'
The refueller answered back, ‘Oh, I’m sorry! I used the head, and poured a cup of coffee while I nuked a burrito.’

brain wrote:

[quote]Boy was I glad to get it back…regardless of the fact that it had a few extra miles on it…It was like someone giving me a check for sevaral thousand dollars, since in my mind, I’d already written it off.

To answer your question, the F-18C Hornet is a small, nimble, lighwieght fighter with incredible manueverability and weapons systems. It’s only real weakness, a serious lack of fuel. To put it in car terms, the F-18C is like a Ferrari 360 Modena with a 7 gallon fuel tank.

The F-18E is larger, much more powerful, not quite as nimble, heavier but still posesses superior maneverability…slightly better than even the F-18C. Weapons systems are very similar but the Super Hornet has alot of new toys, ATFIR etc. It has tons of gas!! you can fly for a Looooong way, a Loooong time or both. It also has extra weapons stations so you can carry alot more firepower. Again to put it into car terms, the F-18E, is a cross between dodge daytona RT-10 pickup and a 911 GT3.<br><br>Post edited by: brain, at: 2006/05/20 21:34[/quote]

somewhat off topic but what the hell…
What a career that plane has had…my former CO was an F-18 test pilot! He was one of the first guys to fly it approx '80 or earlier!

Also, my cousin had a couple tours as a Tomcat ( a design first put on paper my senior year in high school!) backseater. He was also an instructor at Pensacola.