Spec suspension

I’m about to order the spec suspension from Turner. It’s $1300 for the shocks,springs, sways,upper rear shock mount and all sway bar end links. Anyone know of a better deal out there? I’d even consider used parts.

I’m gonna pick up ground control cc plates from another vendor.

Ray

That depends…

Do you want it now, or willing to take some time to piece it together?

I went the second route, only because I am living on a fixed (racing) income.

You can find used/;ow mile shocks for cheap on many different places (Craigslist, R3vlimited…etc.)

Same with the springs, though I bought my new from my sponsor.

The sways can be found used, and they aren’t really a high wear items (except the mount bushings, which are cheap and easy to replace…) I got mine from another PRO3 racer on trade for a larger set I had.

The rear upper shock re-enforcement I have not gotten yet, but for SE30 it’s not a dire need at first. Heck, I ran PRO3 for two seasons without one, and that series is open shocks/springs. Never had an issue with punch though… Eventually I will get them, but there is tons of options, or make your own re-enforcements plates from some scrap steel.

$1300 is a lot of money what the Spec Suspension is, but unless you want to piece it together, it’s an option.

I still don’t have Camber plates upfront, but eventually… You are probably not going to lose a race because you don’t have camber plates…

Not going to win either… :evil:

I decided to buy everything new but second hand. Someone in CA has shocks, IE sways and cc plates all new with a decent discount. I figured I wouldn’t be willing to buy shocks and struts used, as they are the most important part of a suspension Imo. I just hope this guy is legit and isn’t scamming me. He sounds legit. He’s from R3VLIMITED.COM

Still looking for springs.

Ray

How did this work out Ray?

There was a hiccup in delivering the parts. Apparently the box broke in transit. The parts eventually made it to me. The spacer in the one camber plate was incorrect so a new spacer was sent. Overall it worked out just fine.

Im not familiar with the overall quality of the aftermarket for these cars so I have no basis to compare these parts with other manufacturers. Im skeptical about the camber plates.

Ray