Spec Exhaust issues

We ran the Spec Exhaust for the first at the last race, however we still have an issue.

As you can see in the picture there is a pretty significant size difference between the downpipe and the inlet ahead of the collector on the spec system.

We had that exhaust paste stuff in there last time (you can see a little residue) but evidently that won’t even last a weekend.

Other ideas to seal this wonderful work of art up short of taking it somewhere to be welded? I’d like to avoid that if possible for ease of future replacement of any damage components. What other options are there?

I was unable to create a decent seal until I had it welded. If you need to replace a damaged component in the future, just cut it. That’s how muffler shops handle OEM exhausts.

ours fit perfectly! Are you sure you have “stock” downpipes? A after market header system could maybe throw you off and would also make you “illegal”!

jhall1957 wrote:

Eat me.

jhall1957 wrote:

Yes, the downpipe(s) are stock. I think this is related to quality control of the spec exhaust.

Any other suggestions?

Ranger wrote:

[quote]jhall1957 wrote:

Eat me.[/quote]

Truth hurts???

I guess since off track short cuts aren’t working for you, now your going for mechanical advantages. Good luck!

jhall1957 wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]jhall1957 wrote:

Eat me.[/quote]

Truth hurts???

I guess since off track short cuts aren’t working for you, now your going for mechanical advantages. Good luck![/quote]

Now that’s very nice.

Just the other day I overheard someone declaring the Jeff Hall was a “worthless, no-account, two-faced, shove a dagger-in-your-back, can’t keep his car running, back of the pack pussy”.

Recalling the fine hospitality the Halls showed me last month I stood up and said “You sir, are an ass”. And then I struck him with a Ranger deathpinch such the he might never more cast dispersions on my friend Jeff Hall.

And then I get up this morning and there’s a dagger in my back. Very sad.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]jhall1957 wrote:

[quote]Ranger wrote:

[quote]jhall1957 wrote:

Eat me.[/quote]

Truth hurts???

I guess since off track short cuts aren’t working for you, now your going for mechanical advantages. Good luck![/quote]

Now that’s very nice.

Just the other day I overheard someone declaring the Jeff Hall was a “worthless, no-account, two-faced, shove a dagger-in-your-back, can’t keep his car running, back of the pack pussy”.

Recalling the fine hospitality the Halls showed me last month I stood up and said “You sir, are an ass”. And then I struck him with a Ranger deathpinch such the he might never more cast dispersions on my friend Jeff Hall.

And then I get up this morning and there’s a dagger in my back. Very sad.[/quote]

You Sir, Have too much time on your hands!

The fact is I am many of those things he said I am, at least the “can’t keep the car running” and the “back of the pack pussy” part!

Are you planning on doing Rockingham? Come hang with us, we’ll make you feel welcome in NC!