So what's going on with Starke these days?

I heard a rumor that another event has been cancelled.

Tell us when you hear a rumor than an event HASN’T been cancelled. That would be newsworthy.

Ranger wrote:

So how about it FL types…what’s going on with the Starke Track?

FL “types”…? So we are type cast now?

Anyway, They had a booth at the PRI show last month which I visited. I wanted to talk to “the guy” but he was busy talking with someone else so I had to talk to one of the ladies who was manning the booth. She was not too specific as to why the events were postponed. I have heard that they do not have adequate paddock space and inadeuqate safety barriers but I do not know if these rumors are true.

At that time they had not had any sanctioned race events but they have had a few test days and a few car club (Viper) events.

I watched a short in car video they had of some guy driving a rally car around the track. On this I did see some concrete walls in some places, a pit exit that looks narrow, soft soil at the edges of the track (as opposed to FIA curbs) and a general unfinished look. My impression was that the course looked like an autocross course on steroids but again that is my impression based on one in car video.

It is far enough away from me (3 hours) that I cannot just jump in the car and go see it. Having said that, I may just do that some day and provide a more detailed report.

Don

FL types?!?
You mean us tan, happy people who can race at their home track in the middle of January (and seriously consider using their cool suit)? Are those the FL types you’re talking about ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway…
I wasn’t told the exact reason why the Feb event was again cancelled, but I’ve been told that the folks at Starke are “working closely” with NASA national to ensure that the track will be good to go for the scheduled Nov event. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2146678-new-stark-track-review.html

Thanks for the info. I noted, after making the earlier posts, that there’s some history in the NASA forums about this too. Is a bummer. I had high hopes for this track.

You guys are a little sensitive about this whole “FL Types” thing. Don’t like to be associated with your state? I’ve no negative associations with FL. Big houses and little bikinis…what’s not to like?

Old people.

Natalie,
I have photos from Winterfest still. What’s your e-mail so I can send them your way.

bavarian3 wrote:

Who are you calling old?.. You little whipper snapper?

donstevens wrote:

[quote]bavarian3 wrote:

Who are you calling old?.. You little whipper snapper?[/quote]

LOL :silly:

Ranger wrote:

Nothing, except little bikinis on big people who obviously don’t have full-length mirrors at home :blink:
I’m all about the FL living - like I said tan, happy people who can race in January and work up a good sweat B)

bavarian3 wrote:

Old people.

Natalie,
I have photos from Winterfest still. What’s your e-mail so I can send them your way.[/quote]

natblack AT sunburnracing DOT com

Thanks!!!