I bought a smoke generator on ebay last year. Finally tried it last night. Worked pretty darn well. Only thing you have to work at a bit is to seal the air hose well at the rubber elbow.
Why. A smoke generator is the best way to find vac leaks in the intake tract.
- Buy the smoke generator below or something similar.
- Pour the smoke fluid into the can. Be sure some gets on the wicked heater element.
- Connect your air compressor.
- Pull off your air box.
- Ball up a couple rags around the smoke gen hose and jam it in your rubber elbow. Seal it as best you can so smoke will have a hard time coming out at the smoke insertion point.
- Connect the smoke gen to 12V. Get it at the power point on the firewall or the alternator.
- Turn on air compressor.
I see a number of these on ebay. They all look pretty similar. Some don’t seem to come with the smoke fluid tho.