Shout out to some top shelf people

Hey there all you Nor Cal SE30 crazies. Tommy O here and I’ve been meaning to reach out to all of you and tell you how all of your over the Top kindness, gestures and tributes are very much appreciated. Oh, and I’m glad I helped Casa Ramos sell maybe a few more adult beverages (or 20).

The videos, stickers and efforts were way past ‘cool’…I knew you guys could drive but where did all the creativity come from? I feel very lucky to have you all as my friends. I want you to know, that one of the worst things about being sick is that they’re telling me I can’t drive, ‘Yet’. I miss it terribly but it’s one of my motivations to get well and come back there w/you all. It’s one of those things where you’ve heard it said before: ‘You won’t know how much you’ll miss it, until it’s gone’. Now here’s the deal, it isn’t gone yet, I’m just on ‘hold’ right now and we’ll be waiting for them to open up grid gate…hopefully sooner than later.

In looking @ last season, one of things that I’m drawn to in my thought, is how everyone seemingly stepped up their game and learned from each other…more than any series I’ve been a part of. That tells me we’ve got some very talented folks mixing it up out there. We all know that these cars have a fine edge of success…overdrive= Bad…under-drive= Slow…drive a perfect lap w/just one mistake= Pissed off. These cars make you a better driver, but you have to find balance in not only the car but inside of yourself. How cool (or seriously frustrating) is that?

OK, I meant to type a bit more but I’ve got to run. Maybe I’ll get back to my ramblings another time.

So best of luck to all @ T-Hill in May and I hope you get better each time you put the pedal down in each session. Note to You: you’ll never know it all, never be perfect and you’ll (hopefully) never stop learning.

Cheers,

Tommy O

Hay Tommy,

After reading your 3/12/12/email to Scott I took your favorite racing advice “disallow distraction” and tried to put it to use. Well, with a completely distracted/botched qual Saturday morning I became so distracted and rattled I couldn’t even get through my prerace visualization and it only got worse on Sunday. I hope now with some practice your advice can be put to better use next race weekend, learning!

See you soon,
Bennett

It’s not the same without you man - there has been a lot of good driving though, several crazy moments, and some new people at the front.

I’ve just got the BTM Blog updated, I’ll be uploading the weekend’s pictures and video to bring the un-catalyzed exhaust and Saturday night shenanigans just a little closer.