Sebring - Oct 11-12

Registration is open… so get your butts signed up!
Anyone else planning to be there?
John and I will be doing instructor duty that weekend (and will return to our racer alter-egos for the Nov event at ERS/Starke). We should be recovered from our trip to the O’fest races and the 20-hour return tow by then :slight_smile:

I think I registered last week. So, right now we have tied our biggest Spec E30 class at Sebring!

sir_gary wrote:

Not quite… you’ll be going it alone this time… John and I are instructing this time around. We’ll be rooting for ya though :stuck_out_tongue: Someone’s gotta give the 944 cups cars some hell!

would love to be there, but the build is moving slower than a hpde 4 rookie in a 79 pinto. i have really milked it here lately. might come up just to check things out though.

john and nat - since you are sitting this one out - i am volunteering my driving services as an ex-semi pro open wheel driver, in your car. it seems such a shame to keep such a beatuful piece of teutonic machinery dormant. :wink:

mougl1 wrote:

Good one, I almost spit Pepsi out of my nose…

[quote]john and nat - since you are sitting this one out - i am volunteering my driving services as an ex-semi pro open wheel driver, in your car. it seems such a shame to keep such a beatuful piece of teutonic machinery dormant. :wink:
[/quote]
LOL… it’ll be far from dormant. In fact the car sees more track time when we’re instructing… I always like to take my students for at least one tilt-a-whirl ride :laugh:
Be sure to look us up if you make it to Sebring… you know what the car looks like!

Tilt-a-whirl rides you say… :X

uh huh.

FL CI Steve wrote:

[quote]Tilt-a-whirl rides you say… :X

uh huh.[/quote]

Why do you think I took the carpet out of the car? Easier to hose out! :woohoo:

While we’re on that subject, do you have a document with the preferred Sebring school line that I can review (like we used for Homestead)? I doubt you’d like me to try to teach my half-assed racing line to the students :wink:

new email ----> natblack AT sunburnracing DOT com

See you in October! (This summer off thing is making me CRAZY)

why can’t you race AND instruct? They aren’t on the track at the same time…

Doing both on the same weekend is a no-no as far as NASA FL policy is concerned…

Even if you don’t need to be on the track at the same time, racer meetings/grid/etc is sure to overlap or butt up against a student session. I’d be exhausted! :S

Don’t worry, we’ll be racing at Starke in November and hopefully Don’s car will be back from Ohio by then :laugh:
Time will only tell if we’ll be overrun with SE racers too…

Nat
why not one of y’all race and the other one instruct?

Nat
why not one of y’all race and the other one instruct?

sir_gary wrote:

[quote]Nat
why not one of y’all race and the other one instruct?[/quote]

We committed to instruct at the event a long time ago… so that’s what we’re doing :slight_smile:
Besides, I think it would be too hectic to try to use the car for instructor sessions and the races too… can you imagine if one of us whacked up the car in the instructor session and it was out for the race? :ohmy: There’d be hell to pay!

Don’t worry…the rematch is coming:) I signed us up for the Starke race today, so we’ll be there. (We’re running the BMW CCA club race at Roebling in December instead of Homestead - chipping away at the required races to work from the rookie license to the full comp).

See ya next weekend! Planning to paddock where you were last time or are you going to try to find a spot on pit lane?

Natalie

Nat, You do realize that with 4 races at Sebring, I’ll be leading in points for the FL Spec E30 series! B) AND if you don’t go to Homestead…Team Sunburn will be 2nd place…and everyone knows 2nd is 1st LOSER! :stuck_out_tongue: :laugh:

As for parking at Sebring, we will probably be out on the paddock. We’ve got a new 32’ Pace trailer and we should have either 1 or 2 motorhomes attending. Are y’all camping or staying in town?

I’m planning on Starke also. I had been thinking of Homestead in December, but Roebling would be nice to have more than 1 E30 at an event.

Oh and the big news is my car in now painted. :woohoo: I’ve got some cleanup and re-assembly to do before I post pictures. Let’s just say, all the Fl Spec E30s are not white any longer.

Hey Guys some of us will be heading down to Sebring in January for the PBOC 6 hour enduro. It would be great to see some other Spec E30’s at the grid. We should have two cars coming down so put it on your calendars and hopefully we can get a good turnout…

sir_gary wrote:

Yeah… but ONLY if you keep it out of the wall in 17! Doh! :silly:
We’ll consider 2008 the warm-up season for se30 in FL - Don should have his car back (finally!) come January - and then it’s ON (like Donkey Kong)! Have those 888s ready to roll by then B)

We’re going to slum it over at the Kennilworth :stuck_out_tongue: After what we spent to put gas in the truck to get the racecar to Watkins Glen and back last week —damn! 21 hours one-way. My butt is still numb.:blink:

[quote] I’m planning on Starke also. I had been thinking of Homestead in December, but Roebling would be nice to have more than 1 E30 at an event.

Oh and the big news is my car in now painted. :woohoo: I’ve got some cleanup and re-assembly to do before I post pictures. Let’s just say, all the Fl Spec E30s are not white any longer.[/quote]

Just checked on the CR site… there’s now another KP car registered for Roebling - Anthony Magagnoli. You too will get your chance to have your ass handed to you like we did at O’fest last week. The “real” KP cars were quicker. You should come up so that we have another “KP Lite” car to play with! It will be good practice for IFU3 next year;)

I remember you telling me about the planned paint scheme for the car. I don’t think I’m going to have any trouble finding you this weekend:)

andrew240z wrote:

Winterfest? Already on the calendar B) I hope it’s warmer and sunnier than it was this year.

Not sure about the enduro, but who knows… maybe just the CCA points races? (Just realized that registration is open - so we’ll have to make some decisions sooner than later).