Sebring Anyone? Aug 30-31

Anyone else going to race at Sebring this weekend? It’s a SCCA event, and we have to run ITS, but its still racing :woohoo: and its only $170.

sir_gary wrote:

Sorry we missed you… We were at BMW Roadster Homecoming in Greenville, SC killing brain cells and damaging our livers!
How did it go? Sounds like the car is back up and running then :slight_smile:

Can you tell I haven’t been in here in like two weeks? B)

Hey gang

Sebring was a blast! With the threat of Hurricane Gustav lurking we headed to Sebring with revenge on our minds. Saturday was for practice and qualifying with two races on Sunday. The track was damp all weekend but we still managed to qualify 25th out of 41. The best part was we out qualified the ITS built E30 (same one from Daytona). The race was sooo much fun. As usual we lost a few spots at the beginning of the race, but we made them all back up and then some. In the end we finished 13th!

The second race only lasted for 2 laps! Damn it. I started hearing a clunking sound coming from the back end and it got worse during the pace lap and lap 1 on the race. We were supposed to start 13th but because of all the rain half the field went home, so we started 5th. We were still in 5th when we pitted on lap two. The clunking in the rear was much worse. When we go back to the trailer we discovered we lost a bolt out of the rear caliper. The good news was it didn’t break anything and will cost nothing to repair. The bad new was we had to quit the race on lap 2 in 5th place.

We do have video now so I’ve got two versions posted. An edited 10 min version and a full 20 min version. Check it out.