Seat Back Brace Question

Hey,

My FIA homologated MOMO seat expires this year. In preparation for racing next year, I need to install a seat back brace. I gather that the I/O Port brace, that requires you to drill through the composite seat, might be a bad idea. It looks like the Brey-Krause is the only other option. Would y’all recommend the bolt-in bracket or the weld-in? Welding it sounds preferable to me so I’m not putting holes through my harness bar. Small or large seat back brace?

Thanks,
Sasha

Bolt on is fine, with the large padded back is best. See link

http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/itemdetail.asp?ses=516if5juxab3nwhxht&itemid=88&showbrake=1

I would NEVER attach or use a seat back brace with anything other than an aluminum seat…they were not designed with a seat back brace in mind…

You can get an Ultrashield Rally Sport or Pro Road Race seat for relatively cheap money.

Just my $.02

Dave

The Brey-Krause brace doesn’t require any drilling of the seat–it just transfers load to the harness bar by resting up against the seat back. I wouldn’t ever drill a composite seat, but I see no problem with the B-K set-up. I don’t have a choice in the matter anyway, as it’s required in the rules.

Sasha