SE SpecE30 supplementary rules
Racing Room. Defined as full car width. This is true for all SE Lightning classes.
Right to be there. This is triggered with any over-lap at all. Therefore you cannot use overlap to squeeze another SpecE30 off of the track. Be advised, however, that this is not a license to stick your nose in and expect people to make room for you. The intent of this rule is to prevent squeezing as a deliberate defensive move, it does not green-light an offensive move.
Actions upon losing control of your car. Violations of this paragraph will result in NASA para 27.11 penalties
a. Both feet in. If you lose control of your car, lock up your wheels. This will make the motion of your car more predictable. If you come back on track into traffic and your wheels are turning, you are wrong.
b. Safely re-enter the track. If you go off and there’s lots of traffic, take a deep breath and wait until there is room for you to re-enter the track. Charging back on to a busy track is reckless.
Saturday Qual grid is organized by best lap times at the track in the last couple years. Qual Grid will be posted at Results – High Performance Driving in the Southeast and Scott will have a copy taped to his trailer. Sunday Race Grids are set by best Sat race lap time.
Everyone goes to Impound after all timed sessions. If some well-meaning person directs you to do otherwise, find a way to defeat them and get to Impound.
NASA-SE Supplementary rules SE Supplemental Regulations - Google Docs
A couple key paragraphs.
5.2.1 Race NASA SE Major Penalty
Any incident as determined by the Officials, Flaggers or NASA Southeast Staff which is considered to be a “Major” incident, including serious vehicular or bodily damage will be subject to the following ruling at a minimum.
-One (1) Race Suspension at the next race weekend in which he or she participates. This meaning that he/she cannot race/DE/etc on the first day of a 2 day event where he participates on the 2nd day. If it’s a Sat/Sun race event, he cannot participate on the Friday open practice nor the Saturday race/de, and must race on Sunday.
-One (1) Year Probation, any kind of incident or erratic driving will lead immediately to a 1 year suspension.
5.3 Race NASA SE Incident Reporting
All on track incidents must be reported by both sides to the Race Director, as soon as possible after the conclusion of the race, within 30 minutes. Failure to report to the Race Director will result in a (3) point penalty added to your driving record.
NASA CCR worth noting.
NASA Para 27.11 recommended penalties.
- Contact bumper to bumper with no deviation and no damage: No penalty
- Any sheet metal contact with no damage and no deviation: No penalty
- Any contact causing deviation, with no damage, but loss of a position: Reposition to behind driver contacted
- Any contact resulting in “damage” as defined by these guidelines: One (1) race suspension
- Any contact resulting in a “punt” as defined by these guidelines: Disqualification
- Any contact resulting in damage and punt: Disqualification and one (1) race suspension
- Passing under a standing yellow or double yellow: Reposition to last place (minimum)
- Passing under waving yellow and / or over-driving any yellow: Disqualification (minimum)
- Ignoring black flag for 3 laps: Disqualification (minimum)