Running problem part deux

OK

Cured the first problem, now the car has a running problem where the throttle will osicillate…going down the road the RPM’s will just drop off to idle then pick back up. The engine will not completely stall. Sitting, if you hold it at 1/3 idle it will osicillate to idle but again will not stall. We pulled the fuel line off and cannot see a drop in pressure with the drop in RPM. The osicillation is a steady rythum. We wiggled wires etc with no change. We then changed the brain and the problem went away. I then put the old computer back in to check it and the problem is still gone…Computer reseting after the temp sensor change? Reseting after the battery was disconected? We have checked all grounds…and conections. This is an e convereted to i and there are some splices…

Any imput appreciated, we are supposed to be at the track this weekend!!

Al

FARTBREF wrote:

[quote]OK

Cured the first problem, now the car has a running problem where the throttle will osicillate…going down the road the RPM’s will just drop off to idle then pick back up. The engine will not completely stall. Sitting, if you hold it at 1/3 idle it will osicillate to idle but again will not stall. We pulled the fuel line off and cannot see a drop in pressure with the drop in RPM. The osicillation is a steady rythum. We wiggled wires etc with no change. We then changed the brain and the problem went away. I then put the old computer back in to check it and the problem is still gone…Computer reseting after the temp sensor change? Reseting after the battery was disconected? We have checked all grounds…and conections. This is an e convereted to i and there are some splices…

Any imput appreciated, we are supposed to be at the track this weekend!!

Al[/quote] Al, disconnect the O2 sensor and see if the surge goes away…if it does, it is either an air leak or a bad O2 sensor. Disconnecting the batt resets the ECU .

TPS?