Rubber Cleaner

What is the best stuff for cleaning the tire rubber off the sides of the car?

Jones’ forehead.

I use McGuires paint cleaner and a lot of elbow grease. Followed by a coat of wax.

It is a PITA job.

Don

Bug and Tar remover with your favorite buffer. The stuff comes right off.

Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover

QuikShine (sp) comes in a black spray can. I think works better than the tar and bug remover. You can get it off with a rag and minimal rubbing (more if it is old and baked on).

IndyJim wrote:

Racer X just re-sprays the car.

IndyJim wrote:

works great for removing rubber marks (or other people’s paint in indyjim’s case)…also good for cleaning up the whole car at the track…

QuickShine is some good stuff. It’s great at removing rubber
and restoring that high-gloss shine… see attached for results.

You can’t even see any of the scars from his fall. So it really works!

That’s not a shine. That’s a hole.

Brake Cleaner works wonders on rubber marks. Unfortunately it can do the same for your paint!

I have used this stuff for years and it works great. Minimal elbow grease and is also great for cleaning the entire car. I never use water on my car and never have issue with the rotors rusting up when I store the car for winter.

DRI WASH 'n GUARD Classic
http://www.dri-wash.us/

damn, that site is a prime example of product naming gone crazy

mahoneyj wrote:

[quote]I have used this stuff for years and it works great. Minimal elbow grease and is also great for cleaning the entire car. I never use water on my car and never have issue with the rotors rusting up when I store the car for winter.

DRI WASH 'n GUARD Classic
http://www.dri-wash.us/[/quote]

Zep Orange Cleaner.

I never clean my rubbers, I just throw them under the seat.

:woohoo: There is one in every crowd.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Steve D wrote:

I know what doesn’t work, 944’s and the concrete wall at T6 Road Atlanta. BAM!

probably easier :slight_smile:

Natalie tells me the “Magic Eraser” thing does a great job. She changed the oil and cleaned the car yesterday (or so she told me) She was all jazzed up about the thing.

I’m out of the country - she is taking it to PBIR to instruct by herself next weekend. Or maybe she’ll race to close in on points with Gary (kidding Gary).