RR1 set up

we added camber to front but are not seeing quicker lap times.

tire pressure 33 hot?

car skates around with pressure higher than that for me.

There hasn’t been much discussion on this issue. I think that means that folks are running them at around RA1 pressures, call it 37-39 hot, and haven’t felt any need to discuss treating them differently then what we’ve been used to for years.

but are you getting and seeing others running quicker times?

I dunno, maybe. I tried them a little lower and it didn’t seem to make much difference. I tried them a little higher and it didn’t seem to make a lot of difference. So I stayed in the middle.

What I have noticed is no “groove of doom” that we fought with the R888. That indicates to me that I’m probably in the right ballpark.

I got lazy and ran some sessions counter to the recommended direction and a splice quickly opened up. Maintaining correct corners seems to prevent this.

[quote=“monster e30” post=74848]but are you getting and seeing others running quicker times?[/quote] If you mean faster then RA1 times then yes, they’re maybe as much as 2sec faster for a while and then after maybe 12laps they slow down to RA1 times.

If you mean faster laps due to playing with pressures, I’ve already answered that best I could.

I run them at the highest pressure I can without getting graining. If I see any graining after a session I drop the pressures a psi or two.

Avoid running RR’s in the low 30’s…learn to drive them in the upper 30’s…it can be done and you will be faster.

FWIW, we have not seen this in Great Lakes region.

FWIW, we have not seen this in Great Lakes region.[/quote]

Speaking for myself, Jeremy, I’m just getting older. What’s your excuse?:laugh:

I haven’t gone back and checked every race result, but I’m fairly confident that in the NE, every SE30 track record this year was reset by 1-2 seconds. And it was done by the same couple of drivers running the same cars they ran the prior season. Tires were the difference.

same thing here in norcal just a few guys have figured out how to make these tires work.

wish i knew what they have done, because at the beginning of the season they were not quicker then the rest of us nor the end of the 2012 season on the RA1

FWIW, we have not seen this in Great Lakes region.[/quote]

Speaking for myself, Jeremy, I’m just getting older. What’s your excuse?:laugh:[/quote]

Ha! :laugh:

In my experience, for the tracks I was at last year (MidOhio, Putnam, Gingerman) the RRs were about the same speed as my “staggered special” 2009 vintage RA1s, so I would say that’s about 1 second faster than 2011 & 12 RA1s.