Roll Bar question

Well the project car made its first successful track debut last weekend at Summit main for the NCC BMW CCA 2 day driving school. Performed like a champ.

BUT the wife has laid down the law. If I wanna keep playing race car driver (which I do) then I have to install a roll bar. She would rather have me than the Insurance dough - go figure . . .

And so I am researching the I/O Port Racing site and also Kirk Racing to see about a 4 point roll bar kit that I can purchase, have shipped to MD, weld in, and that will also expand to full cage when I am ready.

Any buying tips, suggestions, places to purchase that come to mind?

Thanks

John

I would just find the cage builder you want to use and have them start a cage (rollbar) that they can build off of later. Let us know where you are and I’m sure someone in the MA region can tell you where to look.

I am in Cockeysville, MD - just North of Baltimore. I know of only one 944 cup racer who runs a shop nearby that builds and bends at SSI Performance.

There are 3 fabricators close by on the cage builders map. Worth a call…

I would suggest doing the cage, all but the door bars, if you are going to do it. Having a welded bar in the car and then cutting it loose to do the welds on the main bar when you install the forward pieces is going to take a lot more time and make a bigger mess than just doing it all now and getting it over with.

Haven’t used them, but they are nearby.

http://autofabracecars.com/index.htm