Roebling Stories and Videos thread

It was not a great weekend for me.

Some bug hit me Friday. Instead of sleeping I just spent the night thinking about how much my throat hurt. I went to the track Saturday morning, loaded up with Motrin, for the driver’s meeting, but I had to go back home because #1 wife was throwing a wedding reception in our backyard and my attempt to get out of it and remain married was unsuccessful.

I got to the track Sunday morning. My throat was less screwed up but I still wasn’t in good shape. I had 4 guests at the track and I took them for 6? ride-alongs. By the time we got to the race I was completely exhausted. My every minute was consumed trying to keep 4 people entertained.

I started around mid-pack. It was to be the last race on the current set of tires. It started out well. A lead pack of 4-5 developed and started pulling away with me dogging their heels. Dogging the heels of the leaders hoping for someone to screw up before I did is a pretty good place to be. But then on lap 2 or 3 I got sideways in 3 and scared the shit out of myself. I was only barely able to recover before the braking zone of 4 which also went poorly. That’s when I realized that I didn’t have nearly the traction I thought I had. Maybe CMP wears tires out prematurely? I dunno.

I spent the rest of the race trying, unhappily, to do the best I could with the traction god gave me that day. Some of the efforts were just pitiful. I had to slow down so much to get the car to turn in 4 and 5 that it was kinda farcical. There was some good action with Sumpter and a few others, but I was plumb worn out and also annoyed that I’d tried to get 1 race too many in those tires.

I finished somewhere in the middle. When the race finally ended I was so weak that I could barely get out of the car. Putting tires up in my overhead rack seemed like an exhausting chore.

I had a short drive home. I was in bed by 6PM and didn’t get up for 13hrs.

*Please see Facebook for further information on this weekend’s action, lmao!

But seriously, had a blast racing Ryan on Saturday after McKay went off on T5 and the Eskew/AR “desafortunadamente” incident. We traded places a couple of times, very clean, good, hard, gentlemanly, amateur racing.

Later on we did the PTD race, which is just another opportunity to fool around, AR was wearing Hoosiers, so he took off, but got to race Alex “Senna” Barroso, WTF kid, where did you leave the learning curve? I predict him and Aaron will be fighting for the Championship next year. Super fast and aware, I’m a Fan!

Saturday night was fun as always, the Whitingers had a banquet table set up, with tents and Melissa cooked up Fajitas with guacamole and a salsa that could’ve fooled me passing for one my grandma made in her “molcajete”… Daaang!

Sunday was a little different, qualy P2 after only doing one lap behind Ryan and then passing him while trying not to screw up his lap, couldn’t pull it off, bumped, bummed, so I came in. I got a good start but McKay punted AR several times, so he got way ahead, so I tucked behind AR for the first 15 minutes to try to get separation from McKay, because I didn’t feel comfortable racing AR plus another car, as soon as we got separation from McKay we raced hard, and then thru traffic, that I must say behaved very well, Kuddos to the Miatas and 944 out there. We traded places a couple of times, then raced myself for the last 10 min or so, came in for the win without a lot of joy, not a fun race :frowning: