Road Atlanta Results

I did notice that Chris was missing headlights, but it was from a racing incident. I had no idea anyone would protest him. Didn’t notice Alex’s headlights. That sucks so, so bad. He still needs to rep that race winner sticker. He killed it this weekend.

I wish we had a dyno, so we could focus on power and weight and not who has a reverse se30 sticker or a missing headlight. I heard at the VIR race some of the dynos were off the charts. (rumor) I would never vent this nor do I wish to debate this because it’s not worth it, but feel bad for Alex. I know rules is rules, but give me a break on a regional race for a mug, and a couple hundred in contingency.

I was concerned that if we went easy on this it would set a precedent that any driver, with an easily paddock-correctable performance mod, would be allowed a weekend of wins before being forced to fix the issue.

Taken to the extreme, I once schemed to show up with a turbo-charged eta motor in my car. I’d sandbag qual and then kill everyone in the race. After which I’d show everyone the turbo, we’d all have a good laugh, and I’d be DQ’d. Imagine if a problem-child said “hey, I get one weekend with my illegal performance mod, right?”

Most people don’t care about piddly shit, but I think we have to hold the line at performance mods.

That said, if a guy showed up with a mod and EVERYONE else agreed that it was acceptable for that weekend, I’d be entirely good with going along with the unanimous vote. It’s really all about keeping everyone happy.

This was not really a formal protest. This was on me. The rules re. formal protest are actually pretty tricky. One has only 30min to find the form, cite the specific CCR paragraph that is violated, and turn it in.

I love the idea of frequent dyno pulls as the critical measurement tool also, but the headlight is different. The missing headlight only makes a difference at high speed so it won’t show up on a dyno.

Isn’t there a time limit on protest/dq? Did anyone protest his Saturday results on Saturday? I’m saying he had black discs where his headlights were on Saturday and they fell out on Sunday’s race. I’ll testify to that in se30 court.

17.5 Protests, Request for Action, and Appeals
17.5.1 Protests

Any entered driver may lodge a protest against another driver disputing the mechanical compliance of their competition vehicle. To lodge a protest, the protestor shall obtain a “Protest Form” from Registration, or other designated location, fill it out, and file it, along with the appropriate fee, with the Race Director. The Race Director may accept the protest, may extend the time allowed, or may reject the protest. For the protest to be valid, it must meet the following conditions:

1. Be filed within thirty (30) minutes of the end of the session.
  2. Each part that is being protested must be named specifically.
  3. Each part may be considered a separate protest, in terms of fees.
  4. Each part listed shall be accompanied by the rule(s) number that it violates.
  5. The title of the rulebook must be cited with each rule number.
  6. Be accepted by the Race Director.

The Race Director reserves the right to modify these rules as cited in CCR section #21.1

FURTHERMORE…

17.6 Bad Faith Protests
Any competitor, entrant, or team member having knowledge or suspicion of illegal parts or modifications to another competitor’s vehicle has an obligation to immediately disclose that information to that team, or to the Race Director. Filing a protest in violation of these rules will cause action to be taken against the protestor. This will not however, affect the acceptance, rejection, or outcome of the protest.

I think that Chris lost his headlights in Qual Saturday, therefore both races affected.

end of session I assume means end of race, not end of event day? Then Sat race should at least hold for both, no? Did the Sunday protest get in in time?

I agree with you on this Bob as it was something I had already thought of and was going to look at the rules. The protest had to be done in writing and in a timely manner. Scott, was this done? If this was just an email sent to you after the end of the day, they can’t be DQ’d. If you did get written notice as per rules and the fee was paid then it was handled properly.

There was no formal protest. This was my decision based on my concern re. the setting of a really bad precedent. The blame is on me.

As much as I love ya Scott, I think that was a mistake. Bad precedent set. End rant.

I’m kinda doing the cringe face right now, like I’m about to watch a wreck. Don’t know the emoji.

I love seeing Whitinger talking about missing headlights. Brings a tear to my eye. Cheating ram-air fucker. I’m coming to Roebling with a big ass piece of PVC pipe coming out the front of the car and to that will be affixed a 5 gallon bucket that I use to wash the cars I own that I actually like. I’m going to bypass the air filter and send that ram charge right into the throttle body. I’ll go so god damn fast I’ll be in GTS-1 before the weekend is over.

Edmonds, just eat some of that cheese dip. It will make your face and your whole body feel better.

That would be awesome McKay!!! Just maybe you could get a win with all that shit!

Rule change:

[b]Rule 9.2.5.4.6.a.f.5: Air intake modifications

Front grille may be modified with a big ass piece of PVC pipe coming out the front of the car and to that will be affixed a 5 gallon bucket that I use to wash the cars I own that I actually like. I’m going to bypass the air filter and send that ram charge right into the throttle body.[/b]

Without corroboration from the protested drivers, how can the protester prove his accusations? Chris and Alex did t speak without their lawyer present did they? Haha. I know Fred didn’t see it on Saturday or he would have said something. Did he even see it on Sunday? No response necessary Scott just food for thought. We have to stand by car rules but protest procedures are written rules as well and should be followed. Alex and chris, I would protest the protest

Without corroboration from the protested drivers, how can the protester prove his accusations? Chris and Alex did t speak without their lawyer present did they? Haha. I know Fred didn’t see it on Saturday or he would have said something. Did he even see it on Sunday? No response necessary Scott just food for thought. We have to stand by car rules but protest procedures are written rules as well and should be followed. Alex and chris, I would protest the protest

[quote=“bobe30” post=81422]Without corroboration from the protested drivers, how can the protester prove his accusations? Chris and Alex did t speak without their lawyer present did they? Haha. I know Fred didn’t see it on Saturday or he would have said something. Did he even see it on Sunday? No response necessary Scott just food for thought. We have to stand by car rules but protest procedures are written rules as well and should be followed. Alex and chris, I would protest the protest[/q

Edited. No comment.

RP

“Let’s Do This!” +10 HP for sure… aerodynamics be damned.

Bahahahaha!

As a Home Depot employee I approve of your use of the Homer bucket.