Riddle me this... Horn!

So I’ve gutted the interior for Piper cage next week…

I haven’t got into the wires, yet. When I turn the key, the horn/s blow. What’s up with that? Any ideas?

thanks for your replies!!!

You forgot to delete the horn.

I’d like to keep it…

The crux of the problem is that your car “blows”.

For what?

No trailer… yet :frowning:

I believe the horn button, when pressed, is actually completing a ground to a relay, which energizes the horns. Did you R&R or just replace the steering wheel with something aftermarket? Are there screwed up wires, or the copper contact plate, behind the wheel?

I’ve had a sparco wheel with momo hub for two years… didn’t touch them.

The only items elec removed was:
stereo, amp & speakers
drv window switch
sunroof switch
cig lighter
3rd break light (making bracket)

I’ll give everything a good look over again…

Ps: what should I do with the warning panel up by the rear view mirror. delete?

Nevermind… faulty horn button! Weird, cause it worked fine prior to pulling wires and such and I never touched it.

Thanks for the quick replies!!!

*What about the warning panel though??? What’s the best thing to do with it, relocate?

Unplug and remove it. It will only give you false positives that make you fear a serious problem (like low oil level) and cause you to pull in in the middle of a race…for nothing.

Ask me how I know.

deleting… thanks!

I’ve got the check panel shoved into the opening for the stereo. It’s slightly easier than deleting it.

[quote=“cheapthrills” post=66707]I’ve got the check panel shoved into the opening for the stereo. It’s slightly easier than deleting it.[/quote]Yeah, I did that too. Read my previous post ending with “ask me how I know” – bad information worse than none in that particular case. YMMV.