Replacing windows

Are Lexan-type windows allowed? The rules say you can remove the glass windows, but it doesn’t say if you can install lexan or similar instead.

You can use Lexan to keep rain out during transportation but not while racing.

Basically, if you don’t see it in the Rules, it must stay as it came from the factory.

Carter

Cool, then I need to get the "cool shirt" system for those hot summer days in BW, and WS.

I still am not clear on this, so CAN we or CAN we not run lexan windows in the car? My front driver/pass windows are removed, I hold them in with zip ties when not on track, however the rear side windows, are they allowed to be lexan? Once my cage was in, I was unable to get the nuts on the threaded studs on the front part of the rear windows? What to do? I really have no other option other than to sink a self tapping screw through the front part into the b pillar?

No lexan on the track. When your car is on it’s trailer, you can put your lexan windows in the driver/passenger doors.

What about the rear quarter windows?

esphoto wrote:

No lexan on the track. If your rear quarter windows go on the track, then they can’t be lexan. And if they don’t go on the track, be sure to finish poorly so no one will bother protesting your car.

Guess I have to use a self tapping screw to re attach them. I had the cage done and the B Pillar bar goes right in front of the access holes for the front mounting studs/nuts. OH well?

I had the same problem with my B pillars. Used one of those spring parts grabbers (probably not a good description) to hold nut and turn it while someone outside positioned window. It was very aggravating, but I got it after a while.

Yeah, I think the only thing i can do is cut an access hole and re weld it after I get the nuts on ? what a pain!