Removing Window Glass?

Hi All,

I just picked up my E30 project yesterday ('89 325i, blown engine, good chassis) and am getting excited about getting started. As I’m going through the threads to gain some knowledge on what to do on the car, I was curious about what most fellows are doing with the d/s p/s windows. Are most removing or leaving in?

I’ve seen both, my car has no door glass. Having glass makes it easy to keep your car dry when it rains. Eliminating it will get rid of a lot of weight. The cars that retain the glass are plenty competitive.

I appologize if this is too far off topic but would changing from power windows to manual be legal and save weight?

this was discussed recently and the answer is no.
cheers,
bruce

Libila wrote:

What I did was remove all the power window equipment. If you are trailering the car, what I’ve done on mine is drill two holes on the inboard panel of the door so that they line up with the holes on the two metal tabs attached to the bottom of the window glass. This allows me to stick a bolt and wing nut through each hole which holds the window up during storage/transport. When I get to the track, it’s quick and easy to remove each window. My cage intrudes into the door so I don’t have an aluminum panel on it to protect me from shattered glass in the case of a side impact.