Removing vibration damper from driveshaft

Bought a UUC shifter and dssr. Dssr is coming in contact with the vibration damper of the drive shaft. I called tech support and they say to cut off the outer ring. I don’t mind doing this just as long as I’m not ruining a driveshaft. Has anyone done this before? Am I just supposed to cut off the outer ring and leave the inner “bowl” in place?

Ray

Just unbolt the whole thing.

The studs from the vibration damper are used to hold the guibo to the drive shaft. Once the vibration damper is removed, the studs are reused without the vibration damper?

Ray

No, get an appropriate (length/strength) set of 17mm (wrench size) bolts with locking nuts/washers, and dispense with everything associated with the cursed vibration damper.

Also, not sure if you completely removed or replaced the guibo, but note that the mounting is specific; there are arrows on each hole pointing to the side it should orient to. 3 to the trans flange; 3 to the driveshaft flange.

I didn’t remove the guibo. As far as replacing the bolts, should I just get the same size and thread as the other 3 bolts/nuts that secure the guibo to the Trans? Kind of mimic the other setup?

Ray

I reused the knurled studs. The metal on the vibration damper is relatively thin. I put a tight fitting washer on each to make up the difference. Worked well.

Ray