Remote Oil Pressure Sender - How To

Looking for help on remoting my oil pressure sender. Already have the sandwich plate and the sensor is attached to that.

Does anyone sell a kit?

Any ideas where I can source the needed parts - hose, fittings, etc.

Thanks!

[quote=“PDS” post=62364]Looking for help on remoting my oil pressure sender. Already have the sandwich plate and the sensor is attached to that.

Does anyone sell a kit?

Any ideas where I can source the needed parts - hose, fittings, etc.

Thanks![/quote]

The better way to do this is to remote from the OEM OP location. That gets you farther away from the exhaust manifold and also doesn’t add the complexity of the sandwich adapter.

You need a 1/8NPT to whatever the threading is on that port, 14 or 18mm mm maybe? This is all in old threads so search a bit. Be advised there’s some old thread floating around where I gave the wrong answer on that. Every once and now I can an email from someone calling me a SOB. I mean about goofing the thread dia. in the post, not just generally a SOB.

Egauges is a good place to buy gauge stuff. Their ATM-3234 kit would be a decent place to start for the tubing.

If you want to put in a pressure switch in addition to a pressure sensor, you’ll need a little 1/8NPT manifold. The NOS aftermarket shops carry those.

Summit racing seamed to be the only place for the full lines of earls adapters. If you can’t find the right adapters on summit go to the holley website and call summit with the part number. I already had a bunch of factory made AN lines laying around so I just had to order the adapters and make a mounting bracket. I also ordered all my senders from egauges.

Thanks guys,

Any reason not to use the Nylon tubing that Egauges sells to remote the sensor? It’s advertised to withstand 200psi. I believe the melting point is somewhere around 500f.

What about abrasion? IMO, this would not be a place to save 10 bucks. Do it once and it’ll last “forever”.

My hose to the remote oil sensor is not SS braided but some kind of rubber thing. After the crash it, and everything else on that side of the engine bay, was melted by the manifold. That could have easily caused a fire. New #6 will use SS mesh hose to remote the OP sensors.

Well, I’m not considering it to save a buck… I’m considering it because it may be a viable alternative that would certainly ease the installation. As far as abrasion resistance - that is an attribute of Nylon.

I hear what you’re saying Ranger - buuuuuuttt - we have high rubber pressure fuel lines, most have the stock rubber composite oil cooler lines and such. I don’t think it’s necessary to convert all to SS hose.

I’m not saying that Nylon is the right way to go, just looking at alternatives.

Thanks

Well, I’m not considering it to save a buck… I’m considering it because it may be a viable alternative that would certainly ease the installation. As far as abrasion resistance - that is an attribute of Nylon.

I hear what you’re saying Ranger - buuuuuuttt - we have high rubber pressure fuel lines, most have the stock rubber composite oil cooler lines and such. I don’t think it’s necessary to convert all to SS hose.

Thanks[/quote]

If you had to replace the fuel lines/cooler lines in a racecar application, and you could use SS hose, you probably would. It’s a “while I’m fixing this how can I make it more race worth/safe within the rules” thing.

Thanks[/quote]

I hear ya Kyle… You’re right - we should be thinking of ways to make our cars safer… I’ll be looking into the SS approach.

Ranger - thanks for the kit number for the Egauge SS hose. Now I just need to figure out the proper adapters to go from 3/16" ID to 1/8"

If you had to replace the fuel lines/cooler lines in a racecar application, and you could use SS hose, you probably would. It’s a “while I’m fixing this how can I make it more race worth/safe within the rules” thing.[/quote]

OK, after looking at Egauges offerings I decided to call my local industrial hose supplier. Had them fab a dash 4 areoquip line with a 1/4" 27NPT male on one end and a 1/4" female on the other.

Total cost $44.00

Now I’ll have a safe, neat, easily installed remote sender!

So now you need to buy a male metric female NPT adapter for the block. They couldn’t put a metric end on the male side?

don,t need one. I have an oil filter adapter plate that is female 1/4 npt

I see.