Rear interior floorpan

When I was working on some of the interior prep for my car I noticed that the metal “circle” on the floorpan behind the driver’s seat was kind of loose and popped out of place with minimal effort. I used some duct tape to secure it for the HPDE at Putnam but now I’d like to come up with a longer term solution. I saw that a few other people had some sort of black epoxy covering theirs. Is this OEM or something else? Right now I’m leaning towards just having someone weld a plate over top of the hole.

Here’s what I’m talking about

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs458.ash1/25185_393044595840_560920840_4315197_2822438_n.jpg

Welding a plate in the hole is probably the best solution. Those plates aren’t held in by much more than grout. It doesn’t take much to pop one out.

What I really need to do is strip the car down and have it repainted and at that point I might as well rebuild the engine and have a permanent cage built which means I need a garage that I can do this in which means I need to buy a house.

By the time all is said and done this E30 is going to end up costing me big time.

I bought a house just for se30 prep and storage and now I’m stuck with it.

I think I glued mine in place with some polyurethane construction adhesive which I bought for a cheap alternative to seam sealer when I welded in a floor pan. Loctite PL200 or something from lowes.