Radiator options for EARLY 325is?

Does anyone know of any aluminum radiator options for an early-style 325is? 1987, reservoir bottle on passenger side of engine compartment.

Thanks

I have big double-pass radiator in my early model. Go back thru the posts a bit, you’ll see some discussion of it. I bought a stock double-pass radiator that would fit, then had a machine shop do a bit of AL welding on it.

You can also get a custom radiator done, but that runs ~$450.

I think Ireland Engineering and Bimmerworld have options as well but they are $400+.

I see zero options for early models.

This sucks because you will have to upgrade water pumps to run the Late 325 stuff.

[quote=“TOOLEAN” post=55558]I see zero options for early models.

This sucks because you will have to upgrade water pumps to run the Late 325 stuff.[/quote]
It’s not hard to mix and match any aspect of early and late model cooling, you just have to use some imagination. My early model car has a custom radiator with both inlet and outlet on the right side. To make that work I put late model front-of-the-engine pipe on.

I have a late model water pump on because it was what a local autoparts store had in stock and Chuck Baader used a T to connect the late model pump to my early model overflow reservior.

I could put an early model water pump on by simply removing the T to the overflow reservior.