Race Weekend

New to the forum but old to racing…Was wondering what kinda prices to expect spend on a typical race weekend? gas, tires, entry, etc…

The classified section has a few cars i have my eye on. Any recommendations??

Look forward to the good advice. This site seems more than informative.

Cheers,

Craig

Always helpful to know where you are located.

3-350 for entry fee. About the same amount for gas for the rig and the car. A $200 in tires (prorated). Plus incidentals, puts you around a grand a weekend.

I’m in Columbia SC. Will be doing most of my DE’s at Carolina Motorsports Park. Thanks for the help.

A grand is a good estimate, I tow for 3.5 hours to either of the two tracks here in Norcal and fuel for the Rig (2006 4runner pulling a 20" enclosed trailer) runs about 150 for the weekend and the car will use 15 to 20 gallons so im at about 200 for fuel for the weekend. I camp at the track in the trailer so that saves me a hotel cost and I pack in all my food and such which is about 50 bucks worth of food and drinks. All in all its some of the cheapest racing with great competition and a great group of people, well worth it in my opinion.

I’ve been to quite a few NASA events and i can tell you honestly that the spec E-30 racing is always the best. I’m also partial to BMW’s because i own one.