Quick thermostat housing question

Noob question - So I’ve got my heater core delete kit plug from AKG, do I just JB weld this in there?

I’ve also tapped the TB heater port with an m12x1.75 tap and put a bolt in, should I also JB weld this in there as well? Was it a mistake not to tap it with an NPT tap?

As long as you’ve installed a coolant pressure switch, I’d be comfortable with what you are describing. Go ahead and use JB Weld to seal in the bolt. Don’t worry about the npt issue. Clean and roughen the tbody surface well where the plug is going in so the JB Weld has a good surface to bond to. You can also fasten a bit of heater hose over the plug to help ensure it stays in place.

Re: coolant pressure switch - Can I use the port in the block that used to have the barb for the TB heater?

[quote=“ecrawshaw” post=77805]Re: coolant pressure switch - Can I use the port in the block that used to have the barb for the TB heater?[/quote] Yes, that is a convenient way to sense coolant pressure. Even better, the OEM oil pressure switch has the right threads (12mm) and pressure threshold (7psi).