Question about "front door steel panel"

Our rules contain the following verbiage:

9.3.13.23.1 Interior front door steel panels may be removed. If the door glass is retained, a
suitable, shatterproof panel must be installed to contain broken glass.

I’m trying to figure out what it means by “front door steel panels”. Does this essentially mean that the door can be gutted, regardless of having NASCAR bars or not? I’d like to end up with the following, but want to make sure it’s legal. (I have X-bars)

Yes, we can gut the door panels to our heart’s delight.

Julian, you building another car to come back and race with us?

[quote=“Ranger” post=78870]Yes, we can gut the door panels to our heart’s delight.

Julian, you building another car to come back and race with us?[/quote]

Awesome, I was hoping that would be the case. New car is a sedan. I’d like to take out all the motors, permanently affix the rears in place, and rig up a system to only attach the fronts for transport. Can’t gut the rear doors, though, if I read correctly. Have to give some thought as to what to do there.

Ranger, I bought an existing SE30 last weekend. Plenty enough to do in order to get it the way I want it without starting from scratch. Looking forward to drinking everybody’s beer again in 2015. B)

I glued the rear windows in place on my 4 door.

Dang, I really need to clean my doors when I get my car back.

Heh… sorry, was that your car in the pic? i blatantly stole it from a Google image search. Thanks for the example!