pre race torque and other checklists.

Someone in the Midwest google group asked for a suspension tq checklist a while back. I realize I could use a tq checklist and would prefer not to make one myself. Has anyone made one they would like to share. I personally have mostly IE components for which there are no instructions and all tqs are guttentight. Any other checklists would be great. Found one pre-race checklist in a search but most of the stuff on that list I don’t even have.

i have a prerace checklist that i use but it doesn’t have any nuts or bolts checked. I usually just tighten everything the weekend before while I’m under the car and I’ve almost never had anything come loose except for my trailing arm bolts which i just found this last weekend.

I also use these as data sheets to keep track of tire life, brake life, damage to car, and just general track data like temp and weather so that in the future i can make a “Race for dummies” list to set tire pressure and stuff

What does panda/outlaw mean? Most common thing I forget is the SD card for my camera. I know I should be checking tqs before the weekend and between sessions. I think I did the last DE in hiking boots also which were not that great compared to my driving shoes but much more comfortable around the paddock.

Torque spec: good and tight.
Mark the bolt with yellow paint, do visual inspection with a flashlight.
Diff bolts-to-carrier and diff bolts-to-halfshaft are the areas to watch.

Since 2003/RP

they are just the names of my dad and i’s cars

Dude, that was like a dagger to the heart of your English Comp teacher

eh, english language is all messed up anyway, one more person screwing it up isn’t going to be noticed.

Dude, that was like a dagger to the heart of your English Comp teacher[/quote]

:laugh: :laugh:

[quote=“Patton” post=62688]Torque spec: good and tight.
Mark the bolt with yellow paint, do visual inspection with a flashlight.
Diff bolts-to-carrier and diff bolts-to-halfshaft are the areas to watch.

Since 2003/RP[/quote]

This is the way to go, but we are looking for the specs so we can set them right before paint pen.