Powerflex adjustable trailing arm bushings, anyone

A search of the archives didn’t turn up anything really useful, so I’ll just put this out there.

Has anyone used the Powerflex adjustable rear trailing arm bushings to any level of success? I need to do a R&R of my subframe and rtab bits, and am curious.

Linky to bimmerworld parts page

TIA!

I have them in a street car and they work great. In a race car, I would be concerned about the adjustment not holding.

NO…AKG

… NO because?

I’ve had some less than pleasant experiences with AKG before. In this very car.

Kinda curious how those work. I couldn’t really see anything asymmetric about them in the photos.

Som

There’s a pretty good description here:

From the Powerflex USA site

[quote=“Som” post=80282]Kinda curious how those work. I couldn’t really see anything asymmetric about them in the photos.

Som[/quote]

The photo is of a PowerFlex bushing, but not of the eccentric ones. It happens. This is a pretty good video which shows them better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFsZek_6Gig#t=313

I had the AKG version on a previous SE30… hated them. They were hard to adjust (just hard to get to) and prone to going out of adjustment. These look perhaps a tad easier to adjust, but never tried them. If I had a choice, I’d go with the weld-in eccentrics any day of the week.

The AKG 75d concentric bushings along with an Ireland weld in camber/toe adjusters. I was modifying these for ease of adjustment by going to a 1/2" aircraft grade bolt and jet nut. Jet nut goes on the outside and allows you to use a 9/16" wrench to tighten. BTW, throw away the outside nut plate and just use the inside serrated plate and the jet nut. Will not move.