oil pump shaft

So, I haven’t taken this motor apart before and didn’t know the oil pump shaft wasn’t bolted in on one end. Of course, as I was fitting the crank scraper (oddly did not need shaving) the shaft dropped on my head and bounced on the floor cracking these two plastic stoppers/washers.

They look pretty simple as far as washers go. Can you just replace with equivalent thickness of something similar?

Found that you can buy the oil pump shaft for about $16, but I have no place anywhere near me to buy it this weekend and I’d rather not have to buy something if I can put simple washers in its place.

Anyone?

Say “Ranger, I’m sorry I drove you crazy last month by being such a hardhead”. Then I will answer your question.

There actually was a BMW dealer within 50 miles of me. Found out you can order just the stoppers. $0.56 each. Only problem is they won’t be here until wednesday. FYI.

The BMW dealer also said if I find prices online that they will match any price, which is great. Though they aren’t quite as convenient as Auto Zone.

That seems like a reasonable request, but I guess he figured it out…

That seems like a reasonable request, but I guess he figured it out…[/quote]If he had apologized he’d now be building instead of waiting.

I am building. I just finished installing the new injectors, RTV’ing the crank scraper and inspecting some brakes.

Pan can go back on next week. In no rush. Next race isn’t till June. I am registered for nationals now, so if you really feel an apology is necessary, you can come tell me why.

On to margaritas now…

That seems like a reasonable request, but I guess he figured it out…[/quote]If he had apologized he’d now be building instead of waiting.[/quote]
Foggy will never know the secret…

[quote=“Foglght” post=65586]I am building. I just finished installing the new injectors, RTV’ing the crank scraper and inspecting some brakes.

Pan can go back on next week. In no rush. Next race isn’t till June. I am registered for nationals now, so if you really feel an apology is necessary, you can come tell me why.

On to margaritas now…[/quote]
Review your earlier thread(s) where I tried to help you.

You know the search here sucks. Please feel free to be a bit more obvious and point it out.

Disregard. It’s not worth the trouble.

Great, now I know you are obviously pissed about something. You come into this thread and shit on it and then do this.

Awesome.

[quote=“Foglght” post=65609]Great, now I know you are obviously pissed about something. You come into this thread and shit on it and then do this.

Awesome.[/quote]
You can’t trouble yourself to recall behaving poorly. You can’t trouble yourself to look at a few of your old threads to figure it out.

Instead, you want me to go look for the irksome thread where you refused to accept the community’s answer to your question, thanked no one for their efforts to help you, the hardheaded newby, and generally behaved poorly.

I’m here to help folks, not get into a pissing match with some newby. Going and finding your thread means making a deliberate effort to maintain the conflict. I don’t like conflict. I figured that the easy way to avoid a pissing match was to just walk away. So that’s what I attempted to do.

Which is when you walked after me and poked me. Lets let it go. It’s not worth the hassle and it reflects poorly on the community.

I asked because I don’t know WTF you are talking about. I was actually willing to listen to what you had to say and probably apologize.

Instead, you pull a passive aggressive move and point fingers. Class act.

This is like talking to my wife and asking what’s wrong and I get, “Oh, you know.”

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that this is the thread Ranger is referencing:

http://www.spece30.com/forum/51-cages/63363-roll-bar-padding

I put in the work to try and find it because I hate seeing typical forum arguing reach this level on the SpecE30 forum where I feel we are all friends and would do as much as we can to help others.

[quote=“King Tut” post=65619]I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that this is the thread Ranger is referencing:

http://www.spece30.com/forum/51-cages/63363-roll-bar-padding

I put in the work to try and find it because I hate seeing typical forum arguing reach this level on the SpecE30 forum where I feel we are all friends and would do as much as we can to help others.[/quote]

I looked up that thread. Yes, that was the irksome thing. But the relook makes me think that I got a bit over-excited over what was really nothing. So I apologize for turning this place into a soap opera.

Foghorn, be sure to put a metal strap over your battery tho. Make the tech inspector happy first, argue about the rules afterward. My current solution is pictured in my New #6 build thread.

Ok, finally looked at it.

Was not the intention to upset anyone, so if it did, my apologies. It can be frustrating when I’m trying to point out the rules need to be far more clear.

My car has already been annualed and has raced. Only thing Micheal wanted me to do was add some cotter pins to the belts and move my rollbar padding around.