oil pan shield

Is anyone considering installation of the oil pan shield ?? It looks like it will prevent a lot of air from cooling the oil pan and engine bay.

Is there a significant risk of damaging an oil pan without it ??

You’ll need to talk to Patton. None of his cars have had overheating problems that I know of.

I’m going to put one on my car. I strattled the rumble strips coming out of turn 3 at Road Atlanta and thought I was toast. Turned out I was just lucky. I can into the pits expecting to see oil draining out. What happened was, I ground that nub at the drain pug flush with the bottom of the pan.

I really like the idea of having something between the road and my oil pan.

I also recommend you buy the item Chuck is selling. I bought a piece of aluminum from McMaster Carr that’s $10 more expensive than the finished piece Factory 3 has already made. I wish I had know about the F3P oil pans a few days sooner :frowning:

scottmc wrote:

I wasn’t. I went wide in Turn 1, crossed the gators and the car bottomed out. Hard. Cracked the oil pan. I’m pretty sure Chuck and TJ both have before as well. The skid plate is necessary for the safety of others if nothing else.

For others who stumble upon this thread, here’s a link to the Factory 3 plate with a pic

I wouldn’t think that would be legal since it would act as an undertray and add downforce to the front of the car. The OEM 325ix shield is made out of strips of steel and woul dnot have any aerodynamic affects.

Its specifically allowed in the new rules.

I have been wondering about this since I saw it on one of your cars last year, so this thread comes at a good time, What a deal Factory 3 is offering for the skid plate,and the floor board for $70 nice will be placing an order very soon!!

Yeah, I’ve wanted something like that for awhile, I’ve already replaced the oil pan once and would rather not have to do it again. Lol I was gonna fabricate my own but seeing as they are already in production ill probably just buy one and save the time to practice.