Oil Cooler replacement/repair

I was changing the oil cooler lines on the car last night after getting some new hose section installed in some spare lines and when removing the lines on the car the oil cooler threads got messed up. Steel colier nuts and aluminum threads don’t mix. I went to my parts car and removed the cooler from it and the same thing happened. My third spare cooler is bent and questionable as to if it is sound.

SO, has anyone replaced with and aftermarket oil cooler? I am looking for how it was done and the best cooler to use and where to install it. Or can the threads be repaired?

Any help appriciated.

Michael
Great Lakes Region

Michael,
We offer an upgraded oil cooler kit. Check our site out and let me know if you are interested.
http://speedtrappracing.net/store.html
Cheers,
Sean

Sean that is sweet! I’d like to talk to you about it at Infineon this weekend. Will you bring me a set of the red vinyl roundel stickers?

That looks like just the thing I need. When my budget comes back to me, I’m getting one.

Thanks AJ. I’ll check on the red roundel vinyl for you. See you at Infineon.

Teufelauto wrote:

James,
Thanks for the compliment. I hope your budget comes back to you very soon.
Cheers,
Sean

I found one recently at the Pull-a-part that works very well for only a few $$. The replacement ones are pretty pricey.