Number on the back of the car

the Rules state :'Hood and rear numbers shall be a minimum of 5 inches tall."

On the back of the car Where are you putting 5inch tall numbers?

I see some people putting in the corner on the rear glass, some where the license plate would go, and I see some on the face of the trunk lid, but the face of the trunk lid is only 4 inches high. I guess the techs dont really look at this.

What is the best place?

I think the best place is where the license plate would normally live.

jlevie wrote:

That’s what we did.

1. Buy a flat, clear plastic license plate cover from your local auto parts store.
  2. Spray one side the color of your choice and let it dry. (m you may want to apply duct tape over the finish to protect from scratches.)
  3. Flip it over and apply the vinyl number of your choice to the glossy side.

Plenty of room for a 5" number.

That car is too shiny to be a race car

He hasn’t raced with Jones yet.

SpeedSmith wrote:

[quote]
[/quote]

What kind of shit is this? This should be some poorly lit garage that is so small you can hardly move around. The 50yr old cracked cement should be covered in dark stain and oil-dry. You should be wearing multiple layers of dirty clothing and stocking hats pulled low for warmth against the bitter midnight chill. And you should have dark circles of exhaustion under your eyes and grime under your fingernails.

This pic is some kind of Ferarri club mockery, right?

Ranger wrote:

[quote]SpeedSmith wrote:

[quote]
[/quote]

What kind of shit is this? This should be some poorly lit garage…And you should have dark circles of exhaustion under your eyes and grime under your fingernails.[/quote]

…And a Ruger pointed at the cameraman who caught you off guard.

Ranger wrote:

[quote]

What kind of shit is this? This should be some poorly lit garage that is so small you can hardly move around. The 50yr old cracked cement should be covered in dark stain and oil-dry. You should be wearing multiple layers of dirty clothing and stocking hats pulled low for warmth against the bitter midnight chill. And you should have dark circles of exhaustion under your eyes and grime under your fingernails.

This pic is some kind of Ferarri club mockery, right?[/quote]

LOL!

I got tired of working in terrible, cramped, dimly lit, cold garages. I built the Garage-mahal with all the comforts of home. Heck I even had Hi-speed broadband and hot/cold running water in there. I say “had” because I went and got married. Now we now have a 1920’s era home in the city with lots of “character” including the 50 year old, freezing cold block garage complete with the stained and cracked floor. Luckily the wife accepts & supports my automotive idiosyncrasies and has authorized the build of Garage-mahal #2 before we begin the home remodel…now that’s love!

TheRedBaron wrote:

[quote]

…And a Ruger pointed at the cameraman who caught you off guard.[/quote]

yeah, the most important part… that pic is just plain mean… car’s too clean, garage is too clean and you guys look waaay too relaxed :slight_smile:

I’ve got mine on the rear window

I miss that garage, especially because it was 2 blocks away. :frowning: