New NASA Region

January 5, 2011 1:08 PM — The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the new Mid South Region.

RICHMOND, CA (January 5, 2011) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) is pleased to announce the introduction of the new Mid South Region. The new region will serve the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennessee and will include track weekends at Little Talladega, Barber Motorsports Park, Memphis Motorsports Park, Nashville Super Speedway, NOLA Motorsports Park and Circuit Grand Bayou as the region grows.

The Mid South region will be headed by Shawn Taylor in the Regional Director role with his father Mike Taylor serving as Race Director. The Taylors bring decades of experience in both motorsports and entrepreneurial ventures to the table from their home base in Memphis, Tennessee.

Shawn states, “It is an honor to join the NASA family during the organization’s 20th Anniversary. We look forward to holding well-run, family friendly events as well as growing a professional staff. Watch for announcements on both fronts in the near future.” Per Mike, “A special thanks goes out to Jim and Julie Pantas of NASA’s Southeast Region. Without their support and mentoring, this would not be possible.”

“I am thrilled to welcome the Taylors into the NASA family of regions and we are very happy to be able to serve enthusiasts in the Mid South we couldn’t reach before with our new team”, added John Lindsey NASA’s Chief Divisional Director.

More information on the Mid South Region can be found soon at www.drivenasa.com/midsouth and any questions can be directed to Shawn Taylor at 901-837-0659 or staylor@drivenasa.com.

Alright new forum. I sure hope that we get some good participation at Mid South events since I plan to attend most of them. I believe the first opportunity for SpecE30 is:

October 1-2 Nashville Super Speedway - HPDE 1,2,3,4 / TT / Racing

Cool, our own sub-forum.

For Nashville, I would normally say that I’ll be there, but this one’s 3 weeks after Nationals. If I miss 3-4 days of work and am out of the house for most of a week at Mid Ohio, it’ll be hard for me to convince the wife that I need to head back to the track that soon.

Matt

I am a full time SE guy, but am glad to see this Region get started. My brother does DE some and lives in Tupelo, MS. I’ll probably try to get to a few races with him and combine with a trip to Tupelo.