New cage going in! PICS!

Just wanted to share some pics of a cage we are in the middle of doing for a local Savannah guy…this car will be at most of the NASA events in the coming years. Should be a ton of fun!

Obviously this is in the mock up stage - should have it complete in a couple days! I wanted to thank everyone on here for posting up some tips and showing your current cages, it helped us in setting this cage up. Also, we got the sunroof cassette out in 15 minutes !!

Hi Justin
why did you bend the A-pillar downbar near the top?

edit: after thinking a bit, I can see that that puts the halo/downbar joint more in compression than shear
cheers,
bruce

Almost done - we have to skin the sunroof and install it and then it should be complete…this cage was alot of fun.

Yep, thats my car! I got it back at home now and pulled the dash out again and all that jazz to paint the cage, and get whats left of the tar residue off the floor.

How is it progressing???

Hey Mark! Well I pulled the dash, seat, harness and sunroof out yesterday when I got it put in the garage. Today I got a large portion of the residue from the sound deadening tar completely up (the wonders of goo-gone) and applied some metal prep to the cage so I can prime and maybe paint tomorrow. I also test fitted the front strut bar to make sure that it would fit and it does. If all goes well I should have the interior back together by thursday and by sunday have the new brakes, brake lines, radiator, intake boot and trans mounts installed.

Do you think you can jack the engine up to put in the motor mounts or will you need the “cherry picker”?

I find painting a roll cage with a small roller is more efficient than trying to spray the tubes. I like to use Rustoleum Enamel because the colors come in both spray and brushable versions I like to roll the majority and then use the spray can as a touche up for those hard to reach areas.
Good luck the cage looks very well built.