Need Traqmate File/Info from VIR Event

The car seemed down on power as we ran 2:28-2:30’s during the practice, qualifying sessions. Last June we were running low 2:20 and car has run 2:19 before.

I found a Traqmate file from last June and looked at max speeds at a couple of sections compared with this year:

2009 vs 2010
Front Straight: 113 vs 136
Back Straight: 113 vs 119
Between T5 and start of climbing esses: 102 vs 108

I would love to get a Traqmate file of a Saturday session from someone running low 2:20’s so that I can verify my data is accurate. Can send to ksmith2 AT triad DOT rr DOT com.

If you don’t want to share your file, maybe just let me know your max speeds in the above sections.

Thanks.

Keith

i’ll pull my data tonight and get back to you

jtower wrote:

Keith -

Don’t feel bad if you are a few MPH shy of Tower’s data at the end of the straights. I’m just saying…:wink: :laugh:

ain’t that the truth, if it wasn’t for motor i’d have been battling for 18th, and i feel kinda bad about that. last month i found my throttle wasn’t opening all the way, i tightened the cable which seemed to help a little bit. car ran well at lowes, i have video of me drafting evan and picking up a few car lengths but nothing extraordinary. but this weekend it was just on fire. i do know that my temps were perfect (190-195 deg), does motronic retard ignition timing if the coolant temp gets too high? i also had zero toe front and rear which may have contributed (although i had more understeer than usual). when i bought my nsx it was getting about 24 mpg which is good but not great. after wearing out the rear tires in a few thousand miles i discovered the toe was off, set it to zero and my mileage jumped to 28 mpg.

do most folks run 93 octane?