Need some kind of heat!

I have a 91 325i and for right now my car is my daily driver while I slowly acquire the parts to turn it into a spec. The blower motor burned up on the previous owner and melted the fuse into the fuse box. To bleed the air of the coolant system I had to disconnect the hoses to the heater core, the two just to the side of the brake booster.

With winter quickly approaching have some sort of “heat” would be nice. I thought about plumming the heater core back up so I would at least get some ambient warmth coming through the vents but I have heard there is a valve located somewhere that won’t let coolant circulate unless the blower is working.

SO long story short, what is the best way to get some sort of heat/warmth into the car. It would also be nice to have a defroster as having to drive with the window down when it fogs up gets reallllllly cold!

I have seen electric “space” heaters made for cars but haven’t seen good reviews on them.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

I think the factory blower and heater core are the only system that will actually get the job done in the winter. I would suggest buying a cheap tow vehicle and use that as the winter driver.

Yea, I am going to hook the heater core back up so maybe I can get at least some kind of ambient heat from just the air blowing over it. I have a jeep that I can drive but the gas mileage sucks. I’ll survive, I was just curious if there was anything out there.

we finally got around to doing the e30 convertible rear defrost mod on my se30. haven’t gotten to test it yet.

How does that work?

the e30 convertibles had an electric heater element with a blower motor to get heat to the rear window. we retrofitted that under the dash along with vents directing it up towards the base of the windshield.

Illegal mod! Performance advantage! Protest!
:lol:

part number and pics!!!

That sounds awesome.

Call/email levent@gutenparts.com, he has the details.