Need new clutch ( reccomendations?)

Old clutch developed slip in practice sat at vir, packed up and went home, any reccomendations?

http://spece30.com/forum/48-drivetrain/71610-what-clutch-are-you-running

Spec makes a lightweight pressure plate and solid hub three puck ceramic disk that is the best thing going. Mounts up and feels like an OEM unit until you start to let it out. Very small range of engagement but killer on the track.

Looking at the Spec site, I can’t tell exactly which Spec model you’re talking about. Which one is it? Thx

It’s the stage 4. Your probably going to need to call them for the aluminum pressure plate. I looks like their regular pp but the cast iron friction plate is mounted on billet al instead of being all iron. I ordered from horsepower freaks.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/partdetails/SPEC/Clutch/Clutch_Kits/Euro_Stage_4_-_3_Pad/7262

BTW, they make a three puck solid hub ceramic disk…that is the one you want.

Contact SPEC at 205-491-8581, Jeremy at extension 109. Tell him you want the racing clutch that I have.

just my .02,

i have the stage 3, 3 puck in my car, and the stage 3, 6 puck in my dads car. The 3 puck is much more positive on the track and feels like a clutch should, however it is harder to launch the car. with a stock clutch, i can get great standing starts. With the 3 puck, it is nearly impossible to not spin the tires. The 6 puck still grabs nicely on track, but isnt as positive. However, it is much easier to launch the car without excessive tire slip. I will most likely use the 6 puck from now on.

Try this for standing starts. Don’t rev rpms over 2k and don’t dump the clutch. When the green flag drops, just try to efficiently get the car moving. So not “see how fast you can get to 5mph”, but just “efficiently” get there.

Then, once you’re at 5-10mph, floor it.

What Scott said…max rpm 2500, a little wheel spin is ok.

didn’t mean to spark a “How to launch car” discussion, as i do know how to launch cars, in fact i have helped design, test, and tune launch control systems. In the interest of “What clutch should i buy”, I was merely putting out my opinion and findings on two different clutches.

All things being equal, lighter is better.